*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1573145-Trash-or-Treasure
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Personal · #1573145
Perspective thoughts on Sea Glass
A beer guzzled with a group of friends, a bottle of wine shared with a lover.  The previously valuable remanants are now tossed and broken, sometimes in sport, into the seemingly bottomless sea.  The purpose forgotten and the sin, today's trash, never remembered again. 

Her majesty receives the abomination to her pure spectacle and sets about to weild her magic.  The rocks long ago placed by mother nature, the volumes of water pressed about by forces unseen, along with the fathoms of sand that has already succumbed to her power, join to right the wrong. 

Rough edges are debrided, the glossy, slick surfaces are dulled.  No longer needed as a vessel of spirits, nor anymore capable, becomes mixed with a mass of cast off debris, both natural and man-made.  It lays forgotten, until such time that her Highness sees fit to present her gift, the treasure that it has become, to her shoreline. 

A meer fraction of its former self, only a hint of why it came into the world even enters the mind of the finder, as the sun highlights that original portion of itself that has remained, a glow, gemlike, catches the eye, so happy, the observant recipient of the now valuable treasure. 
© Copyright 2009 Sparkle's Magic (sparklesmagic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1573145-Trash-or-Treasure