*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1573489-The-Last-Shot
by BJS
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1573489
Short story of a marine on a foreign planet.
The Last Shot

Rick stood among the body's of the dead.

The congress of united star systems had sent a all out assault on the world of lion. Eight hundred thousand soldiers of the 801st army had landed major blows against the defending force. But they had been repelled over and over again until there was nothing left of the 801st . Now thousands of enemy soldiers ran at the soldiers clad in Grey and silver fatigues of the 801st army. He looked at the soldiers still fighting.

Hours had past and now he was the last one standing with internal bleeding that wouldn't stop. He looked at the Lion soldier dead in the eyes as they both raised there blasters at each other. One more shot...how hard could it be? He had shot thousands during this campaign alone and millions before that. Rick closed his eyes as he griped the blaster with his uniformed glove and aimed at the other soldier. The shot was fired and his foe vanquished. He fell down to the ground and the darkness took him.

A million shots started this bloody war and one ended it. The last shot....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another short story I decided to write. Rate and comment
© Copyright 2009 BJS (james8000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1573489-The-Last-Shot