*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1573799-Life-simply-forgotten
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Experience · #1573799
Prose type of Poem.
Sitting on the corner watching people and cars go by.
Candid stares and snubs is what she received, by society, by the very people who put her there.
But she's use to it. Life for her was so hard.
Orphaned, no parents, no siblings, not one single bit of family.
Who will take care of her, who will see her through each and every day.
God can, her Angels can, but she can't see them.
With her heavy empty heart, she feels no love in sight.

On the opposite side of town, there stands an old man.
Maybe 70 plus years or better, all he ever wanted was to feel needed.
An veteren of many wars, one of the lost and forgotten souls.
Trying to find his way home after fighting for you and me, his very existence was tossed aside,
tossed out with friday's garbage, never to be seen or heard from again.
His wife was told, he fought with his hands and held his heart, a true hero he was to be named,
only to never hug his wifr and children again.
Perhaps he died in the war, perhaps he went missing in action.
Alive as he could be, he stands here, but no one seems to care.
Shrapnel entered his life, but he knew he had a wife.
To remember his name would bring a clue in sight.
But surviving on his own is what he knows best.
The years of fighting for his country stripped away his nest.
America stand up! Remember those behind enemy lines.
Will it take destruction on your own front lawns for us to find?
Find our true heros, and those who WERE. Battled for reason beyond your desks, your leather chairs
and your shiny new Corvettes.
The lost war vet, so tired and over due.
It's because America forgot him, but on this day, he won't see it through.

Remember that old lady? Let's call her Faith. Living ON the world but not IN it.
Such a shame what people do to her, her life was hard enough without all the snips and slurs.
A former teacher she was who taught some of you. To dismiss this hero, is to forget the heart inside you.
Help SHOULD have been on the way, but, hate and greed came first, where law and order could have been placed.
Doomed from the start, these fallen heros earned their badge.
Defaulted by our own, valueless by judgement by those who could have saved her.
Remember this hero and what she gave, a life so forgotten as I weeped by her unmarked grave.
© Copyright 2009 SympleLife (syrendepity at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1573799-Life-simply-forgotten