*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1574287-Not-a-feeling
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Emotional · #1574287
numb after a breakup
          I didn't think she had noticed me the night of the party. The day after I received a call from an unknown number and it ended up being her. She said she thought I was cute. After my break up with Michelle, I was desperate for anything that came my way. Cheryl seemed like she was really into me…

          A few weeks into our relationship, I realized Cheryl had fallen in love with me. I hadn't thought that we could actually get serious in any way, but there she was, whispering an 'I love you' in my left ear. I felt the same way, or so I made myself believe.

          She was in love. I was alone. The night her parents were out of town, she asked me to spend the night. I wasn't going to pass up the chance for sex; I accepted her offer. While in her room she took off her shirt to reveal a black, laced bra. I took definite notice of the perfection of her body. She came up and started kissing me and the next thing I knew, things got a little deeper…

          A couple of days later, I lost interest in being with her. I don't know what it was, but for some reason I didn't feel a thing for her. She didn't make my heart race whenever she kissed me. She didn't make me smile randomly just by being around me. She didn't make me feel anything.

          I ended it the week after that. She yelled at me and cried her heart out. I stood there and didn't take any of it in. I was her everything. She was nothing to me. Beautiful she was. In love I wasn't.
© Copyright 2009 Confused Poet (vegan_loser at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1574287-Not-a-feeling