*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1574380-Diary-of-Eve
Rated: E · Novel · Drama · #1574380
The story of Eve, God's daughter from her view in the Garden of Eden
I was born second, so long ago.  A man wrote that I became from a rib, but I became just as the man did, from God.  Otherwise, men would be missing a rib and we all know that they are not.  It may have served some purpose, told and written that way.  I have never cared.  Beings spoke to me, touched me.  Wings opened above and around me, luminous with light and voices sang with wonder.  I was a child, and yet a perfect woman.  Imagine opening your own newborn eyes and seeing God, His hand on my face.  I saw such beauty, such perfection.  He was magnificent.  How long before I was forgotten?  Forgotten for all except an act which set in motion an unending tale.  I knew.  I healed.

There was strong, golden sunlight.  We tasted without eating.  We became drunk with joy.  We danced, we sang.  We spoke language we had never learned.  Neither of us ever thought about dying.  There was no conception.  There was no painful birth. 

The one born first was bigger than I, different, beautiful also.  We held hands in the knowledge of our sameness, our likeness to our Creator.  Imagine the intensity of love that exists for God to form us in His own image.  Does any other king allow his subjects so closely to resemble?  I remember the heat from His perfect hand.  The way His eyes, deep as a sky, looked into mine as they opened for the first time.

Then, one day I was deserted.  I had loved too much.  And then, I learned the jealous pride of men.  One the beloved Creator who formed me in His image.  Another, terribly beautiful and then the one beside me, who touched me with his loving hand.  The one who came to me next was Lucifer, the being who was removed from paradise because he dared to love me in defiance.  The beginning is of the first.  The only.

I had long, red gold hair, which moved down my back when it was damp and straightened when the rain stopped.  My eyes were a true blue, widened and innocent, my face shaped as a heart.  I had fair skin and lashes of the same color as my hair but a darker shade.  My legs were long and straight, my shoulders round and smooth.  I had no idea that I was beautiful.  I was, but so were God, Lucifer, Adam, Angels.  That I was born last made me lo less so.  We were works of God, perfections such as the sky, the ocean or mountains, no better to me than the tiny bird or newborn deer.

The world was green in newness, cool in the morning.  I would awaken from the sweetness of dreams with no thought ever of anger or terror.  There are those, jaded, who would say that this would be boring but they would be fools.  Those who have never known Paradise have no idea of it's being.  Sometimes I would walk with Adam.  Other times God would take my hand and teach me of things unknown.

Lucifer was the one I saw less often, but there were times when he would watch me as if he were shy and reticent.  The thought of that makes me smile.  Lucifer, reticent.  He was an angel, but angels are beings so much like God and ourselves.  He could raise huge, pure white wings, then become the size of a man.

God could be anything he wanted and there were times when He would make me laugh so.  I knew how much He loved me.  I knew how much Adam loved me, and I gave that back to them.  My family.  I had no thought of the difference of our bodies.  Everything was a delight.

Imagine, a vast beauty that you could actually stare at for hours.  Our world was pure in every way.  The truest colors, light sweet air.  A love that made you higher than any earthly drug.  Our minds grew every day, learning such knowledge never discussed in the universities of mankind.  We are if we wanted and sometimes did not.  There were fruits of amazing size and color.  All trees bore them.  We swam with the innate competence of the fish and played in water with the dolphin. 

There was music no worldly orchestra could imagine.  Thousands of angels, singing, cymbals, drums, trumpets.  There were firewords, stars colliding in a bursting light that delighted me while God watched.  He would move an eye and another light would explode in every color.  How I loved those times.

We learned emotions.  Emotions so strong and precious that our passions preserved us.  Passions for life without which we could never have survived in the future which became.
© Copyright 2009 tiara38 (tiara38 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1574380-Diary-of-Eve