*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1574654-Him
by Mary
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Young Adult · #1574654
A summer romance story set in a sleepy Texas town between two very unlikely teens.
Hello, my name is Lizbeth.I am a 15 year-old girl from the small town Anahuac, Texas and this is the story of my summer with Stry.

I was sitting by the old pond with my best friend Cole. I was wearing my blue jeans and a green tank top, as was my normal attire. We had been there talking for hours when we saw a Chevy Camaro speeding down the main road. In Anahuac it was rare to see anything besides a pick-up truck, a tractor or a four-wheeler on the road so when we saw the little car pull up to my Papaw's farm we were quick to investigate. Out of the car came two boys, they must have been about 17, one was tall with blonde poofy hair, baggy blue jeans and a black skin tight t-shirt. The other was about a head shorter, with dark brown hair, faded Levi's and a blue flannel shirt. Cole and I stayed back by he barn and watched as they went inside. About 20 minutes later thay came out again each olding a bucket and scrub brush. I knew right then that they were the city boys papaw was employing for the summer because they kept getting in big trouble. The boys looked like they were heading twords the pig pen so I convinced Cole to ride horses with me just so we could pass by the boys. As we rode by the blonde boy whistled at one of us, I assumed it was for me. For the day Cole and I avoided the boys.

A few days later I was in the barn grroming my horse, Jake, I was by myself since Cole had his own chores to tend to, when the blonde boy walked in with a grooming brush and a hoof pick. For a few minutes the boy worked silently on papaw's horse, Luke. "Umm... Mary, right?" he asked in an incredibly smooth deep voice with a city accent. I turned to face him and leaned back against the stable gate. "Uh.. Yea. Who are you?" He laughed abit, a rich deep laugh "Stryder. You can call me stry though. You have a nice little hick accent." "Umm...." I looked down feeling stupid again, "What's a hick?" He laughed again the same amazing laugh. "Your cute kid." Then with nothing more to say we both went back to work in silence.

Over the next couple weeks there were a few more brief encounters much like the first one. One night I was asleep and I heard a car engine beneath my window. When I got up to look Stry was standing beneath my window just looking up. I opened it and leaned about half way out. "What are you doing Stry?" "Come on down. I got something to show you." I rolled my eyes at him but inside my heart was pounding. I quickly grabbedmy blue jeans and jacket and snuck downstairs and outside as quietly as possible. "Whats so important it couldn't wait until morning?" I asked him trying to sound upset though I'm sure he could tell I was excited. "Get in the car." I did as he said and we sped off with a hoot and hollar.
© Copyright 2009 Mary (marbear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1574654-Him