*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1574980-Dreams
by Raven
Rated: E · Prose · Death · #1574980
The way the dead speak to us.
                                                                                                  Dreams



You come to me in my dreams young and healthy full of life. I am old and watching our grandchildren play on the beach. I feel your presence even before I know it is you, the touch on my shoulder sends waves of emotions racing through my body. When I look up your smile fills me with love and I can’t take my eyes off of you. I want to reach out and take you in my arms but I cannot move I am frozen in the moment. You tell me I must live and go on without you. You say “I am alright now and will always love me.” I want so bad to go with you and feel your loving embrace just once more. You tell me “You must stay here to tell them about our love and how much I will always love them.” looking at the small children playing in the water. You lean down and kiss my check ever so tender as you have a thousand times before and say “I will always be here when you need me. I will live forever in lives and memories of theses beautiful children.” I smile and try to reach out for you but you fade away looking into my eyes as you do. Remember I am here living in your soul never leaving you alone. I wake with tears running down my face my heart broken wanting to go back for just a second to tell you how much I miss you and will always love you. Then I realize you already know, this is the reason you came to me in a dream that I play over and over in my mind. I will never let you be forgotten to the world as long as I have breath in my body. And when the time comes for me to join you I will be at peace knowing you will be there to hold me and love me once again.
© Copyright 2009 Raven (houndog45 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1574980-Dreams