*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1575614-I-dont-know-yet
Rated: 18+ · Other · Dark · #1575614
A story about an evil man and his evil actions. Unfinished...
The ringing resonated in her skull. Forever ringing, always calling, never stopping, why couldn't he just leave her alone? She was furious and turned off her cell phone. She shoved it away from her like it was a vicious snake fixing to bite her. She balled her hands into fists so tight that her nails bit into her palms. She savored the clear, sharp, beautiful pain. Her anger faded and she felt her body go limp as a rag doll. The anger rushed out and sorrow rushed in. It felt like getting hit by a train, it was so strong, and so deep a feeling of sorrow.

It was the kind of sorrow that covered her from head to toe and dripped on to the bed, leaving sad stains. It made her think of being at the bottom of a fathomless lake where it was gloomy, cold and dark. She could just barely make out a faint hint of sunlight if she really tried. It wasn't too late, she could swim up to meet the precious oxygen but she didn't really want to and besides, she was too tired. She thought of feeling the water invading her throat and nostrils, and filling her lungs like an empty bag. She thought of drowning under the crushing weight of the water rushing in. But in reality, she was drowning under the weight of her anguish and pain.

"What's your problem", he always asked her. "What's wrong with you?"

"You!" She'd hiss. "You're my problem! You're what's wrong with me. I told you I'm never going to see you again. I told you to stop calling me. I don't like you. I don't want you to call me. I don't want anything to do with you after what you did to me!"

She sobbed and turned her face in to the pillow. She couldn't breath well but she didn't care. She cried herself to sleep. She had to sleep, tomorrow the new semester started and she was determined to stop screwing up. Life goes on.


She was one of the first ones there. She was determined to make a good impression. Even if she made obvious mistakes, maybe the professor would take pity on her if she saw that she at least tried her best. She was a little too warm but not sweaty. It was hot outside. The rest of the students wore regular summer clothes, the women revealing as much flesh as they could get away with. She was different, she hid in her over sized t-shirts and relaxed jeans, like a turtle hid in it's shell for protection. She also sat in the back of the classroom, she felt safe there.

She stared at her desk, lost in stressful and worrisome thoughts about how she's fare this semester. Students slowly trickled in. She didn't notice some one take the desk next to her. She didn't notice him survey the class room and turn his eyes to her. The room soon filled up as much as it was going to for a summer class and the professor started the lecture. She looked up and finally noticed him. She felt his eyes on her. She rested her head in the palm of her hand and grew transfixed on the professor, eating up the words and trying like hell to make them stick.

The professor called for a few minutes break and the room mostly emptied, though some students like herself stuck around. She glanced at the clock. She glanced to her right, he was suddenly speaking to her.

"Hi", he smiled lazily and cocksure of himself. He thrust out a hand, "I'm Cayden or just Cayde. What's your name?" He had midnight black hair, curling around his ears and it's inky darkness reflected the florescent lighting. It looked soft and silky and despite herself, she wondered what it would feel like to the touch. His strong jaw revealed a rough five o'clock shadow. He had hard, golden eyes that glinted like metal but otherwise revealed nothing else. His lips were firm but sensual, curving upwards at the corners due to his arrogant smirk.

"." She took slight notice of the uncommon nature of the both of their names. She hesitantly put out her hand and he took it in to his hand with gusto. She was startled when he didn't release it right away, instead he looked her in the eye and turned it skyward and bestowed a kiss on her open palm. She gasped in surprise and quickly drew her hand away. He laughed softly, amused with her reaction.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Aurora."

"Likewise Cayden, I'm sure," she said and he laughed again. She furrowed her brow, she didn't mean it as a joke.

"So, how old are you?"

She frowned, "it's rude to ask a woman her age."

He laughed and countered with, "a woman?! You look what? Eighteen? Nineteen?..."

She frowned again. People were always telling her that she looked younger than she really was but he was obviously just being ridiculous. "Twenty-something"

She didn't ask his age. She kept her eyes glued to her hands on her desk, purposely trying to discourage any further conversation. She didn't like him. He was rude and too forward. She didn't know why he was bothering her. He must be bored but why did he have to look to her for entertainment? She reached under her desk and retrieved a notebook. She took out the course syllabus and pretended to be absorbed in the reading of it. He took the hint and left the room mumbling about finding a bathroom.


© Copyright 2009 OhMySweetPajamas (ohmysweetpjs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1575614-I-dont-know-yet