*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1575884-Two-Kings
by Bri
Rated: ASR · Letter/Memo · Religious · #1575884
Letter I wrote for my brother going to college.
Sitting on the fence looking out across the field, through the mist you see two men approaching.  As they draw closer you see one is the King and the other wants to be King. You look to the left and see one army and to your right you see another army.

The first begins to speak to you, “Yes, what you have heard is true, the men that fight for me will occasionally be hungry and thirsty for days, and my men sleep outside on the ground. They aren’t given horses to carry them, they must walk. They will go sometimes months or years without the warmth of a woman lying next to them; my men work and train all hours of the day.  The life I offer you is not easy but if you fight with me, everything that is mine is yours.” 

The second breaks in and begins to speak, “Look at my army they have an abundance of the finest foods, water and wine to drink.  They each have a house and large beds to sleep on.  I will give you a woman for everyday of the week if you wish. My army out numbers them a million to 1 so there is no need for us to spend our days working and training. Any fleshly thing your heart desires I will provide”.

The first King begins to speak again “My men through the lives that they live are strong, sturdy, and courageous: The Dragon Warrior can go for months without eating, surviving on the dew of a single ginko leaf” (sorry *Smile*a little Kung Fu Panda humor, lol … ok, back to the story). “If we meet on opposite side of the battle field there will be no mercy given. My men have been trained to crush anything and everything that is against me.  The only way that you will not be destroyed is if, before you reach my sword you turn and become a part of my front lines and begin fighting for me. Anyone sitting on the fence will be trampled over.  You must choose a side”.


Throughout life there will be many trying, complicated decisions that seem almost impossible to make.  As you grow in knowledge, learning depth and detail, the more you will realize that there is too much information to ever be learned in a life time.  Don’t get caught up in the twiggy details of a subject; always step back and remember the foundation of all knowledge and why you are here.  Everyday take a moment to reflect on the two trees (two commanders of armies) that are standing before you, with their swords drawn, asking the question, “What say you?” (lol… ok, shut up, so I like to steal movie quotes). Yes, often times the answers in life really are simple. People just don’t like the choices they’re given so they make it complicated in an attempt to come up with a different answer.
© Copyright 2009 Bri (briennatide at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1575884-Two-Kings