*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1575926-Calcutte-adventure
Rated: E · Sample · Other · #1575926
this is an adventure and travel article on the city of calcutta...
Adventure in ‘The City of joy’, Calcutta
Travel to India will always remain incomplete without a visit to the ‘City of Joy’, Calcutta or today’s Kolkata. Capital of West Bengal, an Indian state, Calcutta/Kolkata is the city of Rabindranath Tagore, Satyajit Roy, Subhas Bose, Sourav Ganguly and many more world-famous personalities. Situated on the banks of the Hooghly River, this city including its outskirts has a population of almost 15 million. It is the 4th biggest city in India. In spite of many problems of everyday life, the people of this city will always welcome you heartily with a smile in their face. Calcutta/Kolkata has witnessed many historical events for the past thousand of years and it was the capital of the country during the British Raj till 1911.

Once the center of all sorts of educational and cultural activities, this city had undergone many political crisis and economic stagnation after India’s independence; but for the last 5-6 years, it has again become one of the techno-hub & furnished metropolitan of the entire country. There are innumerable numbers of places to see in this fascinating city and this city is a fine mixture of old tradition and histories along with modernism. People from every part of this globe come to witness this beautiful city.

If you love adventure, then Kolkata will make you feel in the paradise. If you are entering this city from Howrah, see the Howrah-Bridge; made in the British period, still it carries a huge load everyday. Located in the center of the city, BBD Bagh, Chowrighee, GPO, The Reserve Bank, The Raj Bhabhan or the Governer’s house, famous green Maidan, Eden Garden, Esplanade, Fort William and the great Victoria Memorial (a splendid marble monument), Birla Planetarium are something that you can’t afford to miss in Kolkata. These places hold huge historical relevance right from the British period. Indian Museum, National Library is the places that stand like an example of Kolkata’s cultural enrichment. Park Street is place where you can go and chill with your friends or family; here you will find numerous bar and restaurants and some of them are there for more than 100 years. St. Paul’s Cathedral Church, Vdyasagar Setu and Botanical Garden will also please you.

Apart from these place you can also visit places like; Kalighat Temple, Dakshineswar Temple, Ravindra Sarovar, Swabhumi, Royal Calcutta Golf Club, Birla temple, Calcutta port Trust etc. If you want to have a taste of modern Kolkata you can go to several malls and complexes in places like Salt Lake, China Town, New Market etc.




© Copyright 2009 mywritings (debayan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1575926-Calcutte-adventure