*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1577305-The-Empty-Bed
by Raven
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1577305
After the death of your soul mate, my Wife, the emptiness and pain is overpowering.
                                                                                                              The Empty Bed







    I lay here now in the darkness, reaching out only in my memories desperately trying to hold on to your enveloping embrace. The love that use to keep me so warm on the coldest of nights and make everything alright, where are you, I need you. I reach out in the darkness to wrap my arms around you as I have a hundred times before; the coldness of the moment is deafening.



    Memories of you race through my mind, the pain of reality sets in like the fear of a small child left alone for the first time. My soul screams out in agony begging this is only a nightmare, it's not. Please God let her be here next to me.



    My arms quickly reach out trying to find her, cold sheets, her fading scent on a pillow and I remember. A dark emptiness over takes me, pain never ending, emotions that rip me apart like a dull blade of a rusty knife. I am awake.......... I am alone.



    I try to fall back into the darkness of sleep so the pain will leave, if even just for a short time; it does not. Her death haunts me as I sleep. I scream in pain as I wake suddenly, tears on my face flowing down my chest, reliving every hellish moment of that day. My heart racing, I can just for a moment feel your hand reaching out to wipe the tears away.
© Copyright 2009 Raven (houndog45 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1577305-The-Empty-Bed