*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1579944-Black-Cross
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1579944
Black Cross Chapter 3 - The Cross of Vengeance
3 days after Hugo's death....

" In the Name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.. " the priest said as the coffin of the once powerful Gang Lord, Hugo Runesworth, was lowered into the cold earth. Rudy, Melinda and Beatrice were crying along with Julia and the rest of their friends and relatives. Meanwhile, Cirrus was standing from afar, along with Argus.

" Everything is ready, Cirrus.. " he whispered. Cirrus nodded.

" Justice will be done.. " he said.


BLACK CROSS CHAPTER 3 - THE CROSS OF VENGEANCE

" GWAAH!!! " a man groaned as three men in black suits beat him to a pulp. They stomped him upon the ground as Argus walked towards him. " How many times must you be asked? I simply want to know who ordered you to kill the Gang Lord! It's that simple! So if I were you, you'd better tell me now..before I really start to piss off.. " he said as he lit a cigarette.

" You're wasting your time!! " the man yelled. " I will never tell!! NEVER!!! "

Argus snapped as flame erupted from his hand!!! The prisoner yelled as Argus held his face! " Do you want me to BURN you just like what I did to your friends?!! " he snarled. " You fuck!! I'd like to see you burn in- "

" ARGUS! " Cirrus yelled. Argus gasped as he saw him wearing a black formal suit with his katana on his side. However, Cirrus was now guarded with tall men wearing black formal suits as well. " It seems it's your lucky day, bitch!! " Argus hissed as he walked away. The man sat as Cirrus walked towards him.

The man looked at him and shuddered! Cirrus' red eyes were staring at him. It felt like being pierced by a thousand swords in the chest. " W..What do you want!!? " he yelled! " I told you that I don't-"

Cirrus suddenly took out his sword from his scabbard and hit the concrete wall! Because of the impact, it caused a huge hole on the wall, to Argus and the bodyguards surprise! The prisoner was shaking in fear!!

" Now..let me ask you again... " Cirrus said. " Why did you kill the Gang Lord?!! Answer now..or I swear I will cut you down like the dog you are!! " he said in a very terrible voice! The prisoner suddenly bowed on the ground!

" I..I swear!! The one's who told me to do it was the High Council!! They wanted to eliminate Hugo Runesworth in order to make way for the election of a new GangLord!!! That's all I know!!!! I swear!!! " he cried.

Argus clenched his fist. " I knew it! Those fucktards in the High Council!!! They're the culprit!!! " he hissed.

" Argus.. " Cirrus smiled. Argus just calmed down. Just then, the prisoner held Cirrus' pants! " Please!! Please don't kill me!! I swear I won't ever take another life again!!! I swear to be good!! Please!!! " he begged on his knees.

Cirrus looked at him. " Forgive me. But..an eye for an eye..and a tooth for a tooth... " he said as he walked away. To the prisoner's horror, Argus walked towards him, his hands blazing with flames!

" And Hell for the wicked!!!! " he yelled as he burned him to a crisp! Cirrus walked out from the warehouse as it burned down to the ground, with Argus walking towards him. The other bodyguards stood nearby.

" Shall I dispose the High Council? " Argus asked. Cirrus shook his head. " No. You're a lawyer, not an assassin. You shouldn't have to get your own hands dirty, just like I did. Besides, your Pyro techniques drains your life span. But I do have a job for you. " he said as he took out a black notebook.

" What would you want me to do? " Argus said, lighting a cigarette.

" Take this notebook to Eleazar.. " Cirrus said. " I want to have a meeting with the Elite Squad. Gather all those who are loyal to the former Gang Lord. Tonight, there shall be a great change within the Society! And I will be the first to enforce it! "

" As you wish.. " Argus said. Just then, a noise was heard from Cirrus' pocket. It was his mobile phone. Cirrus picked it up and then placed it on his ear.

" Cirrus!? Where are you?! I've been looking all over for you?!! " a female voice yelled. Cirrus sighed as Argus chuckled.

" Sorry. I have some other matters to attend to. I'm going home now. " Cirrus said as he turned off the phone. He went inside a black shiny car and Argus sat beside him, smoking.

" Looks like Beatrice will be staying with you for the entire year huh? " he grinned. Cirrus only nodded.

" Rudy said that she insisted to stay with me..to keep me out of trouble.. " he muttered. " One other thing. Don't mention this to Beatrice or to her parents. I don't want them getting involved with my plans. And also.. " he sighed again.

" What? " Argus asked.

" Can you please find a suitable school for me and Beatrice? " Cirrus said with irritation.

Argus looked at him with a very shocked expression. And then, he began to snicker.

" Guhhk!! You!! You're going back to school!!? WAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! " Argus laughed so loud inside the car.


Back at the mansion..

" Wahahahahaha!!! You! You're going back to school?!! Hahahahahahahahaaa!! " Argus continued laughing and pointing as Cirrus and he went inside the mansion. Julia and Beatrice were in the living room, together with an old man wearing a fedora hat and red formal suit.

" Cirrus?! Where have you been?! " Beatrice pouted.

" Sorry. I was a bit busy with things.. " Cirrus apologized. Then, he looked at the old man. " Hello William. "

" Hello Cirrus. I deeply apologize for being unable to attend the Gang Lord's funeral as I have business meetings here and almost everywhere. Argus said you have called for me? " William bowed, taking off his hat.

" Yes. We have to talk. " Cirrus said. Then, he turned to Beatrice and Julia. " Julia, can you help out Beatrice with the shopping? "

" Of course! No problem Cirrus! " Julia smiled.

" But! But you promised we would both go shopping!! " Beatrice was now mad. But then, Julia grabbed her!

" Listen! This is a good opportunity for you!! " she whispered. Then, she whispered something into Beatrice's ear. The young girl suddenly blushed! " Ah, if you say so Julia..then fine! We'll go shopping! Who needs you anyway!! " Beatrice stuck out her tongue at Cirrus. Cirrus only chuckled as Beatrice and Julia ran outside the mansion.

" It seems Rudy's daughter has grown up to become a very beautiful woman.. " William smiled. " Too beautiful if you asked me. Have you made your move yet, Cirrus? "

Cirrus frowned. " What are you talking about, old man?! "

" Think about it Cirrus! " Argus said. " Beatrice is already 18 years old and she still have not answered all those dozens of boys who have courted her. I think this is the best time for you to make your move"

Cirrus sighed. " I don't have time to think of those things right now. William, where are the Five? " he asked.

" They should be here any moment now.. " William smiled. Just then, the door opened as five people went inside.


© Copyright 2009 Cirrus Halen (cirrushalen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1579944-Black-Cross