*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1580165-Easy
Rated: E · Draft · Travel · #1580165
A small town muscician grows weary of his stay in a small town.
I plucked along a bit. A few strokes to a few random strings, just to test the sound coming from the speakers. It was okay, the usual, a little hiss in the background you can only hear when you try to. Boy if that doesn't sum up this current set of affairs. It was the last song of the night, I was actually wondering what I would end with, I usually have the whole show down pact, but this time was different, I kind of wanted to see what I would do in desperation.

I, again, plucked a few strings here and there, and Bold as Love, a song by Jimi Hendrix, came from my hands. I didn't sing the opening words, but I sharply cryed the chorus into the microphone," Well Im bold, bold as love, hear me talkin' ta ya..." I played until there was nothing left in the club but empty tables and a few employees scrubbing the empty tables. I unhooked everything hastily and threw it into some old carrying bags.

I stood motionless bus for a second, and felt a natural jolt. For some reason I felt a high from singing about boldness and love, so I pulled out a chair and propped my feet up on a table. I leaned back and gazed into the club lights, and they, of course gazed back, it was a kind of staring contest, that even if you win, you loose.

"You did good tonight Ricks, they stayed at least a whole 'nother fifteen minutes this time." Diane, a waitress said to me as she pushed some chairs under the table.

"Yeah, thanks. I uh." I stoped. I don't even know why I continued.

"And hey if you keep this up you'll be playin' in bigger places than this. Maybe you can, make a CD or somthin' you know? Just let people hear some of those songs you make up, they're so good." she said, smiling with glorious encouragment. She sounded like everyother old lady around here, being amazed at a few strokes from G to E, but she was young, in the twenties, but a brain somewhere between the early teens and the creaters of the E! channel.

"Yeah, I uh, I recorded a few things at home but, its nothin' much." I said realising I should've just ran to Charlie and grabbed my money like I had planned. I never liked talking to the locals. I faced it along time ago, my tolerance for small town jargin and small talk fell away along with my accent. Not that I don't respect them, I just want someone who thinks about different things, things that we've been given the grace to think about, anything more than the obvious.

"Oh I bet its great, you need to play your songs more here who knows, what'll happen." she continued. I just listened to her, telling me all these good things. I couldn't help but feel proud, even though I know the compliments are empty, they are still compliments, and they still make me happy.
© Copyright 2009 Look Up (lifeis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1580165-Easy