*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1580507-Mr-Jekyll
by Gutti
Rated: E · Fiction · Biographical · #1580507
Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde trying to understand each other!
Mr. Jekyll

Perception is reality…

The reality of my perception is that I have always been the same person, whom simply acts differently depending on the occasion.

Occasions… Different people, different surroundings … Different realities perceived!

But does that make me a monster?

Can it be described as anything more then a conscience?

Are you never pulled in 2 directions by a lingering choice?

That’s all it feels to me, a choice… a simple answer to a challenging question, that’s all it takes to see my ugly side.

But does that make me a monster?

Can it be seen as an angel and a demon perched upon my shoulders? 

Have you never done anything “out of character” just to try?

That’s all I wanted, to shake things up… an escape to a mundane life, a brief glimpse into the life of another.

But does that make me a monster?

Can it not been perceived as a rekindling of life’s inner flame?

Have you ever listened to a recording of yourself, without recognizing the voice?

A recording… a retelling of times past… even though it sounds familiar, it never seems to sound quite right. That’s all that ever happened to me.

But does that make me a monster?

Isn’t that just a bad game of whisper down the lain?

Haven’t you ever gotten lost looking at yourself in a mirror?

You have always perceived my reality as two… two people’s minds, interlocked as one. A lover and a scoundrel. 

But does that make me a monster?

Doesn’t that make me just like everyone else?

Or do you just do a better job of hiding that scoundrel then I do?
© Copyright 2009 Gutti (nutzoids at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1580507-Mr-Jekyll