*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1581132-a-new-start
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Chapter · Fantasy · #1581132
the second view for silent wolf's story
A new start
Chapter 1

I ran through the woods, bare feet fell to a dry ground sticks and stones cut into my feet leaving droplets of blood here and there. Behind me was a red light that flickers to orange every other second, the sign of a huge fire the sound of breaking wood comes out as I ran faster. Tears soaked my face as I sat a few miles away to watch the house that my family lived in, I was lucky to escape but my parents weren’t.
I rose again and walked away, my head low as i stumbled and fell for the next five miles before my feet hit asphalt. The screech of tires grew louder as a six wheel motorcycle skidded up to me. The driver wearing a black helmet that hid his face, a tenor voice rung out from under the helmet “ ‘Ey kid…need a ride?” his voice was soft and gentle, I could tell he didn’t mean any harm to me so I nodded and slowly climbed up in front of the man. The engine roared as the driver swerved back onto the road and speed off down the road.
I looked back “W…..who…are you?” I asked yelling over the roar of the cycle. I tilt my head before turning back to watch the road. My blond hair curling over my face from the wind, I slowly back up closer to the man.
“I...I’m Devin….Devin dark heart who are you kiddo?” Devin asked as he glanced to me then the road as he turned sharply going up a dirt road before a mile up he pressed a button on the handles as the ground split and pulled away from us. He drove down the paved way as the ground overhead closed again.
“I…I...I’m Gabriel….Gabriel Len ellesmere…” I whispered in awe as I looked around underground was a huge mansion light by many floating orbs that held flames inside. I hopped of the cycle as Devin stepped off and walked to a huge book case and scanned it before looking back to me.
“So Gabriel Like the place?” he smirked as sat down on a large fur covered leather chair behind a large table, he took his helmet off and shook his head hard his white hair fell and landed to his shoulders as blood red streaks ran down with the white. “Welcome to my home” he laughed and spread his arms and laughed as he stood again and walked behind me and picks a book off right in front of my face and went back to the table “Go ahead and look around.”
“Big place you got.” I said as I ran around a smile of my face before I ran upstairs to a room that even the door seems to steam. “Devin………..what’s this?” I asked as I slowly opened the door as Devin ran to me and opened the door reveling a steamy room that I couldn’t see anything but a glowing light on the far side of the room. I tried to walk in to get a closer look but Devin pulled me back and closed the doors
“What ever you do, do not go into that room.” His harsh voice whisper to me as he lead me down the hall to a door that had a dagger etched into it “No going into that room without me.” He whispered before opening the door abit “Stay here Gabriel.” He soon slipped into the room quickly and locked the door. Soon he walks out and smiles down at me as he knelt down and handed me a small necklace a small dagger on the end.
© Copyright 2009 Shadow-wolfen (wolfgal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1581132-a-new-start