*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1581616-The-Decapitator
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1581616
The best ride at the carnival
    ‘The Decapitator – Don’t lose your head’, read the sign next to the entrance to the most popular ride at the carnival.  Samantha stood in the ride’s long line clutching her boyfriend Jimmy’s hand.  She hated these rides, but Jimmy wanted to go on it.  She reluctantly agreed, stepping into the line right at dusk.  It was dark now and Samantha was cold and ready to go home.

    As the small black cars moved its passengers in and out of the front doors, Samantha could hear the sounds of a chainsaw and screams coming from inside the funhouse.  Obnoxiously loud rock music blared out from the entrance.

    The outside of the funhouse stood covered with pictures of various types of decapitating instruments, chainsaws, axes, saw blades and shovels to name a few.  It looked to Samantha like a hardware store advertisement that had gone horribly wrong.  There was also a picture of a man’s face in the center of the display.  The man, known as the decapitator, looked as if he took great pleasure in using the sharp objects on his victims.

    Relieved to be getting the experience over with soon, Samantha found herself boarding the small black car with Jimmy next to her.

    She closed her eyes the moment the car’s bar locked down against her stomach.  She could hear the sinister laugh of the decapitator coming from the car’s speaker as the car quickly accelerated through two large black doors.

    “The decapitator preys on unsuspecting campers at midnight,” said the intercom voice.  “They run in fear, knowing that it is their heads that he wants.”

    Screams followed the voice as the small car picked up speed and ascended a small ramp.  Samantha felt something whisk past her face, undoubtedly a decapitating instrument of some sort.  She clenched Jimmy’s hand tighter, wishing for it to be over.

    “Through the trees, and around the lake, there is no escape from the decapitator,” said the intercom voice.  The distinct sound of a chainsaw came to life as the car quickly dropped downward making several sharp turns.  The car abruptly slowed and pushed out through two final doors back into the night air, the screams of the ride’s dying campers filled Samantha’s ears.

    Thankful that the ride was over, Samantha loosened her grip on Jimmy’s sweaty hand.  As she let out a sigh of relief, she heard screams of panic coming from the crowd.

    “Oh shit,” shouted one of the ride operators knowing that something had gone horribly wrong.  “Shut down the ride.”

    Shocked, Samantha opened her eyes, still holding Jimmy’s hand as she looked over at her boyfriend’s blood soaked body.  His head had been severed off; lost within the ride.

    Samantha screamed.  The large face of the decapitator on the display board stared down at her with his sinister smile.  The words ‘Don’t lose your head’ written underneath him. 



WORD COUNT: 478

© Copyright 2009 ToeMoss (toemoss at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1581616-The-Decapitator