*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1582499-5678-Dance-Performance-Skits
by will
Rated: E · Script/Play · Comedy · #1582499
I wrote skits between dances for a student run dance performance. This is the first.
"Dissident"

Dancers exit the stage. Tyler enters (angrily, with a stomp in his step) from stage left. He stands off-center slightly on the left side. He stands with his arms folded and taps his foot, waiting impatiently. Jeffrey then enters from stage right, not a care in the world, and completely oblivious to Tyler's current attitude.

Tyler: I can't believe they did that to us!

Jeffrey, in mid-stride across the stage, stops and turns to Tyler

Jeff: Who did what to us?

Tyler: You mean you haven't realized?

Jeff: Realized what?!

Tyler: We've just been through 3 dances now, and we still haven't done ANY DANCING! So far the only thing we've done is just stand in the background and hold up stupid little signs, and watch while all the girls dance away!

Jeff: (realization of what Tyler is saying hits him) You're right! I mean, we worked hard on this show and what do we get? We get to wear these stupid little shirts (makes reference to his obnoxiously tight wife-beater) and they don't even let us dance!

Tyler: They can't treat us like this. After months of practicing, they just shove us in the background!

Jeff: (getting angrier) It's sick if you ask me!

Tyler: You know what they're doing right?

Jeff: Trying to publicly humiliate us so that we're distracted long enough for them to steal our top-secret plans for world domination!

Small Pause

Tyler: Well, no...but good try. They're using us as eye-candy!

Jeff: *gasp* That's even worse!

Tyler: They put us in these ridiculous shirts to try and add that extra "sex appeal" to their little dance show...it's disgusting! I just want to march right up to those girls, look em straight in the eye and tell them tha-

Jeff: (anger has risen so much that he bursts into an emotional flurry) I slave day in and day out over a hot stove. (screams, not necessarily towards anyone) WOULD IT KILL YOU TO SAY YOU LOVE ME EVERY NOW AND THEN!!!!

Awkward silence.

Tyler: Um...ok...anyways, I think that the two of us should go up to them and give them a piece of our mind. At the very least get them to take these stupid shirts off of us.

Jeff: Yeah, I mean we don't look that good in them do we?

Danny walks on stage right

Danny: Hey guys do you know where the gym is? (Flexing his muscles this entire sentence.)

Tristan walks on stage left

Tristan: Yea Danny I think it’s (Flexes arms) that way.

Danny and Tristan stand on opposite sides of Jeffrey and Tyler flexing. *

Danny: Thanks man! (continuously flexing walks off stage, Tristan follows does the same on other side of stage)

Tyler and Jeffrey stand for a few seconds, looking disgusted at what happened. They then look down at their arms and begin touching them, pushing them up to try and make themselves look tougher.

Jeff: gym was that way? (points)

Tyler: yeah i think so.

They both run off together.

Lights go down, dancers return on stage for next dance.

*The entirety of Danny and Tristan's conversation they are exaggerating and flexing their arms.
© Copyright 2009 will (bixwill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1582499-5678-Dance-Performance-Skits