*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1583111-Deep-Within
by Tracy
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #1583111
Dark, nature, psychology
You are sublime. Your power is intoxicating. Complexity is revealed through the dark spaces interwoven. While your external cover may see the light of day, it is within the interior that your stories reside. Your stories congeal, finding fodder in the lost souls that wander and remain trapped in your spaces. You are the focus of many tales. Lost souls having been enticed by your serene facade; now they stumble and fumble for an object under which to seek refuge and respite from the forboding. As the able bodies wander in from the open spaces, your wooden arms envelope the unassuming souls and drowns them in darkness that banishes any memory of the sweet rays that were once enjoyed. You have seduced your prey, with your shroud of natural beauty and twisted their souls: they are forsaken. Darkness continues to grow and then ferments into fear. Their souls gasp for air as they are almost submerged in the hopelessness. There is always something to give chase within your spaces. Creatures that lurk and wait ravenously for innocent souls to devour. What creatures lurk within? What guises do they render? Definately not man, nor beast are the the source. Your source is immaterial but must manifest as such for your occupant's comprehension.
The new inhabitant can hear the snap of branches breaking underneath their own feet, and the rustling of dried fallen leaves, as they break for it. Their heart pulpitating fast with adrenaline, they have taken flight with heart in throat. Their stomach is twisted and sick to the very core. All that is here remains hidden and they are now amongst the lost. They are trapped forever to remain on the run with fear in their hearts, or to quench the thirst of your hidden demons. They can run but they cannot hide.
Their legs are lead and they are struggling to breath; the only body part exceeding in function is their heart: pounding hard and faster than imaginable. They come to a stand still, unable to go on. Their fate has been sealed; they must turn to unmask the creatures whom reside in the dark spaces. Light is cast as it is unveiled that the 'you' and the 'they', is actually me, and no more running is required. Light saturates my face as courage fills my heart and my pilgrimage is revealed, and so my story unfolds.
© Copyright 2009 Tracy (tracym at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1583111-Deep-Within