*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1583743-Transforming-Genius
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by adore
Rated: E · Review · Other · #1583743
A review of Transformers : Revenge of the fallen
Film: Transformers: Revenge of the fallen
Director: Michael bay
Cast: Shia LaBeouf, Megan fox

The Autobots and Sam (Shia LaBeouf) are back for another fight against the decepticons. The revenge of the fallen is all about the beginning. The movie rewinds the clock to the primitive times, to the start of the divide amongst the bots. It also shows the highly confidential deal signed between the armed force and the autobots to protect the earth from the decepticons. Once again Hollywood has proved its domination in the sci-fi genre. It also proved another accolade, poor scripting. For the billionth time Hollywood has successfully dished out another robot-terrorizing-the-world film, in which for some reason America is the only country that can save “ our race”.

Thankfully the engineers behind the graphics concealed every bit of it. They gave a new definition to detailing. The complexities of their designing may not be seen with clarity due to the frame size, but they have done some amazing work on the bots. Inspired by ants the decepticons looked every bit, the cunning, power-hungry demons. It looked like a movie rather than a video game. This is where the movie hit the bull’s-eye

Coming to the part where the movie missed the target. One word, Megan Fox, she looked awesome but that was it. Neither could she deliver her dialogues with emotion nor could she show them in her eyes. Many instances came in the movie when she dint know what to do (other than pout of course). In fact the bots emoted better than her. She being a part of the lead pair, led to each shot shared by the both (Megan fox and Shia LaBeouf) feeling incomplete.

Shia LaBeouf made up for much of the lack of emotion in the movie. Proving that he is the best in his league, the cool composed Sam, dint overplay his role. He gave his shots his full and acted as the connection between the autobots and the audience. If he hadn’t believed in them, then the audience would never connect with the autobots. The whole film’s success depended on him moving the audience and that he did.

The plot in the sequel is confusing for a first timer. It’s not self-explanatory. Definitely not one of those leave-your-brain-at-home kind of films. Since it’s more about the past, there are no major twist or diversions from the main plot. As for the new entrees, there are some interesting characters. The twins, constantly fighting, come as a package of fun and humor. The next is the fallen (kind of like the mafia leader of the decepticons). He acts as the chief commander of the decepticons and is after Sam ( Shia LaBeouf ) to get something that belongs to him.

This triggers a lethal hide and seek game between the decepticons and Sam. Simultaneously the American armed forces conspire against the Presidential office to let the auto bots stay on earth. A major disappointment in the film was the ending. It was too insignificant and seemed too melodramatic, which the film didn’t need at all. The last few minutes will leave a bad taste in the mouth.

So 10 reasons to go watch the film, Shia LaBeouf, the amazing graphics, the cars, the humor, amazing locations, Great cinematography, the ending (which turned out to be quite hilarious), the action sequences, if your American and lastly to enjoy it as an experience.
© Copyright 2009 adore (adore at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1583743-Transforming-Genius