*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1584548-Mika-Tribell
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Thriller/Suspense · #1584548
first chapter in my story about a person with 100% brain control
These selfish shades of the past seem to cover this now egoless shell of a man. Never correcting his mistakes and never admitting failure this introverted, anti-social “everyman” eludes even his own subconscious with thoughts unknown only but to scholars unheard of:

“How devoted can a soul be if it avoids confrontation on a personal level? How controlled can a mind be if it throws a fist out of anger? How understanding is a person if they can’t laugh at their own foolish nature? How crazy can a world be if no one can speak their mind?”

Still convinced this obvious future “threat” is only like this because of some type of drug, these faceless bodies dump another would-be “savior” into a bucket labeled:

FAILED ABORTIONS

Why wouldn’t it be drugs? The newest crazy has only swept up the people who haven’t been swept up by the oldest craze. The hippies with the pot built the coke heads with the kilos. The coke heads with a job just added it to their coffee. The house wives drank the coffee and would clean up the whole house. The maids would all come over and they’d all just hang around. The husband would come home late, when whole family is in bed. The wife wouldn’t be asleep but every night she would pretend. It’d be pushed down, just shoved away, just waiting to explode. And then one day ten years from now the catastrophe’s exposed. Bye home, goodbye luxury and so long to love again. Maybe if you’re lucky tomorrow you’ll be dead.

Ha, if only it were that easy. No, no. I’m becoming increasingly more afraid of the fact that I don’t think waking up dead is a feasible escape. With everything that’s gone on it’s hard to say if escape has been an option at all. To think, it all started with a small group of taggers and chemistry school drop outs. Actually, that was the first expansion.

When it comes down to it, I guess it truly started with a couple of twenty year old kids having unprotected sex. Nine months later out pops the new Hitler, or Jesus. It’s still hard to tell if what Mika’s done was for better or worse. Either way he’s done it. One man, if you can call him that, singlehandedly changed the human race, and that’s not a metaphorical statement. He actually changed it.

Everyone swears their child is special in some way. At least when the child is young they do, and especially if it’s their first child.
“Oh look, little Timmy started walking before any of the other kids in the neighborhood.”
“Oh Sally could write her name before she could talk.”
Don’t get me started with those fucking bumper stickers saying “My child is on the honor roll at Bumble Fuck Elementary School.”

Anyway, my point is that all of those other parents are wrong. Their child is probably more average than they are. But Mika’s parents wouldn’t have been wrong if they thought Mika was special. Of course, they would’ve said he was special if they had kept him. Right after he popped out he was cleaned off and handed to a couple who had been waiting all their lives for this moment. They were a good couple; honest and caring. They had the true American Dream, minus the 2.5 kids and the white picket fence. With a combined annual income of roughly $250,000, a manageable mortgage, and two cars (owned not leased) they seemed to be doing alright for themselves. When baby Mika entered their lives, they seemed to feel complete.

After the first few months they began to realize something different about baby Mika, but couldn’t quite put their fingers on it. Thinking nothing of it they let the notion go, feeling it was just his way of absorbing the world. After Mika turned two they began to worry. Is he autistic? Is he retarded? What’s wrong with our baby?

CT scans, intelligence tests, doctor after doctor coming up with the same conclusion: NORMAL. The Tribell’s had all but given up. They decided one more CT scan and an MRI at some new facility in upstate New York and they were done. Unfortunately that was just the beginning. The CT scan came out with nothing unusual, but the MRI was astounding.

Doctors were rushed in from all over the world. The Tribells were put up in a local motel while all these tests were being performed. Could this be? Could this two year old child really have this much brain control?

Test after test proved that he did. One of the tests was a minor pinch on Mika’s arm, which would normally cause a two year old to cry and scream and hug his mommy. Mika was pinched, then pinched again, then pinched harder. No response, at least not the response they had anticipated. He had shut off his ability to feel pain the instant the pinch began to hurt. No tears, no fuss, just a happy baby getting pinched. Another test had Mika’s eyes held open and bright lights shined in his eyes. Normally pupils would dilate, reduce in size. Not Mika. The light was inconvenient for baby Mika, so he simply shut off his brain’s ability to receive any information coming in through his eyes.

Amazed, the doctors and scientists all wanted to keep him, run tests, etc. The Tribells were completely against allowing their baby to become a lab rat that strangers could run tests on. They asked if there were any potential side effects of his conditions that could hinder him from being able to live a normal life. The doctors swore that there was no such thing as a normal life for a person with these abilities. The Tribells got the hint, grabbed their child, and left.

Mika grew up in a relatively normal manner. He went to school, had the same problems other kids did, and even wet his bed for the first 6 years of his life. But with his age, grew his control, as well as his awareness of others perceptions. Not only about him, but about everything; life, death, music, summer time, everything.
© Copyright 2009 El Greg (thelonewriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1584548-Mika-Tribell