*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1584705-Bitterness-of-Life-Letter-from-Shells
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Sample · Personal · #1584705
I had a drink or two before I started.
The guys and I have been busy all week playing Madden NFL 2009 for playstation. My girl Michelle  just dumped me. I knew she would come crawling helplessly back to my doorstep. I had recieved a letter on Wednesday. I was talking to my friend Sheldon over the phone, as I received the letter from my brother friend Rob. The envelope flashed a simple “To Roger” on its face. I knew it was her. I recognized that sweet daffodil aroma on the paper. It was her favorite. I arranged a meeting for my friend Sheldon, and my other buds to look read the letter. We always do that.
That Friday, we met at my place, since the neighborhood was always quiet. We played a few football matches on playstation. After a drink, I decided it was time to unravel the letter. The moment of truth arrived as I opened the envelope. I knew that the manner of the letter would be apologetic. I began to read out loud:
TO LUCKY,
I WISH THINGS BETWEEN US DIDN’T ALWAYS HAVE TO END UP LIKE THIS. I’M PRETTY SURE THIS IS THE NINTH, OR TENTH TIME THAT WE’VE BROKEN UP. AND I KNOW ITS NOT YOUR FAULT. I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE, HAVE BEEN, AND ALWAYS WILL BE MY ACE. I ENJOYED ALL THOSE TIMES YOU SANG FOR ME, EVEN THOU YOU HATED BEING ON STAGE. I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT. BECAUSE OF THIS, I HAVE MADE UP MY MIND. I’M GOING TO MOVE TO L.A. JUST LIKE YOU SAID I COULD. I’M  GOING TO CONTINUE TO PERSUE MY DREAM OF BECOMING A SINGER IN LA, I HOPE YOU’LL UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A JOURNEY THAT I CAN’T CONTINUE WITH YOU. DON’T BE SCARED. I’M SURE WE’LL MEET AGAIN SOMEDAY. IF YOU’RE READING THIS, I WOULD HAVE ALREADY ARRIVED AT L.A. LAWRENCE, I LOVE YOU, AND NOBODY WILL TAKE YOU AWAY FROM ME.

BEST OF WISHES,
SHELLS.

The volume of my voice had gradually receding as I read. Was Michelle for real? Was Shells serious. Was this the last time we broke up? Naturally, the guys, half drunk, were dying of laughter on my rug once they figured out what I read. I started to shout, and swear at them. I cursed them out of my apartment. I read the letter time, and time again. Why does it keep looking the same. The words were the same. 5th time, 6th time, and it still read as if she dumped me for Hollywood. She had been talking about going to LA to pursue singing POP or R&B. For real, why does she feel she has to leave me? Why did she leave me? I called her phone once. Twice. Ten times, but still no answer. Shells was gone. There was nothing I could do. Shells was the reason I took up drinking alcohol. Now she’s gone, and I don’t know what’s next. Do I have to take up smoking as well just to get her back?
© Copyright 2009 elusive-Q (540blues at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1584705-Bitterness-of-Life-Letter-from-Shells