*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1584740-Jacobs-Journal
by Azzy
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1584740
The diary of a survivor. A guide book of sorts.
January 1

It's the new year what the hell, here's my resolution. I thought it might be a good idea to write a few things down. I don't get many visitors these days, so should I get taken I'd hope to leave something of me behind. Selfish maybe, I'm not sure if it's because I want to help the species or make my mark, I just know it seems like something I should do. I don't know if it's some kind of deep redemption kind of thing, or if it's just a way to puke out all of the crap that builds up in a life like this, but here it is. And now you're reading it which I should apologize for, because now it's all yours.
In the movies this is where the voice over would say something like "We don't know what caused it" or "Nobody saw it coming" or talk about judgment or some shit. Some hollywood hot shot without a scar running down the middle of his face, without a patch of hair on the back of his head that just won't grow back. But I digress.
We don't know what started it but damned if we don't know where it came from. Jamaica. You'd think that it could be contained, on an island and all.

January 2

When I was out looking for food today I found a freakin' treasure chest of a house. Not only were the walls of the basement lined with jars of grandma's best, pickled okra, strawberry preserves, something I hope is beets, asparagus, a whole garden full of vinegar soaked grub, but in a room upstairs was a whole bookshelf of movies I've never seen. Just watched a movie that starred Christopher Lambert, that guy from Highlander, the first one with Sean Connery. Anyways, he's up on this space station and he's a prisoner and he's got some kind of implant in his brain or something, and all I can think is..how did this guy NEVER lose his goddamn accent. Ever?

Did some more carving today.

January 3

Most of the grocery stores are pretty wiped out. That, and the good Sniffers wait around those places. Grocery stores, hardware shops, porn stores, they're like a Shuffler's version of a pond, complete with fishing pole and bait. Even if you go during the day there are usually enough of the bright ones propped up in corners or buried under trash that before you know it the exits are a really, really bad idea.
I've taken to hitting people's houses. While a shit ton have burned down a while ago you never know what you'll come across.
© Copyright 2009 Azzy (dc13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1584740-Jacobs-Journal