*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1584998-The-otherside-Part-5-Time-running-out
by Sumeet
Rated: 18+ · Other · Contest Entry · #1584998
Part five of 7 part series.
This part deals with time. I've tried to put science into it and again my standard disclaimer: Please bear the bad grammar as I'm not too good in it and I'll edit all the posts after the contest. I'll welcome all the suggestions to improvise.

Word count: 961


Tony is sitting in the other room of sheriff's office and thinks of what to do next. Brett poses no threat to anyone and there is no reason to detain him any longer. He goes back to the room where Brett is detained and talks to him.

Brett was shaking his head and hallucinating when Tony enters
"Brett, do you have any place to go? There is not reason why should I make you pass your night here",

Brett looks startled as if woken up from deep thoughts and keeps quite for a while then turns to Tony
"I don't have any other place to go. Would you mind if I pass the night here"

"You can sleep here if you wish."

"Thanks! I want to tell you something"

"What is that?" Tony is not interested to listen to his banters again but still gives in.

"I believe the interaction between universe has started creating different species and they are going to overrun us"

"How much time is left? As creation of a species takes millions of years, if the creation started just now then we have millions of years"

"Yes, that is true but the interacting galaxies actually stops the time . Creatures takes the same time to develop as anywhere else on our own earth but the time stops inside the zone of creation."

Now the head of Tony is throbbing as if some one is banging drums inside his head. He sits down, holding his head.

Time is a puzzle which no one can solve, it was thought that nothing can stop the time before Albert Einstein proved with his theories that even time could be stopped or changed. Now many scientist claim that time travel is reality and it is just matter of time when we would be able to do that. What am irony! Time is needed for it to be jumped.

All the experiments which humans can perform is labs is just a fraction of experiments happening in natural world. Anything which science cannot prove does not mean that it is not true, our knowledge is still very limited.

Tony notices a small scratch mark on the ceiling which wasn't there a moment ago. One looking closer it was found to be something like hair or fur.

"Here he come. Here he come...la la..", Brett has started speaking the crap again and Tony cannot withstand it, he asks Brett to stop it

"Shut up! Would you mind not speaking nonsense?"

The fur on the ceiling seems to be growing and the voice of Brett is also growing, louder!

"HERE HE COMES. LA LA.. NOTHING CAN STOP IT NOW.. NOT EVEN STOPPING THE TIME.."

Tony goes to Brett and holds his throat choking him
"My head is throbbing and if you cannot cure it, then don't increase it."

Brett frees his throat
"Oh.. What do you think of yourself? No one asked you to come back, go home and sleep peacefully"

"This is my office and its me who is going to decide who is going to be here and who is leaving. Here every thing would happen with my permission. Do you understand?"

"Okay! Everything would happen with your permission .. try to stop him coming here"

Tony is incredulous and he takes a step back as if afraid of Brett
"Who is coming?"

Brett doesn't reply and just points to the ceiling where a something full of hair can be seen to be coming out of the wall.

"Gosh.. what is that?" Tony exclaims, but there is no need to wait for answer as that guy falls down on ground. That guy is full of hair on his body and seems to be a cross breed of gorilla and human.

Both Brett and Tony goes to him, he seems to be fine just dazed.

"Who are you?" Tony asks and that guy takes a moment to look around to check the walls, the lockup, the table and the door.

"Do you understand English?" Tony asks again. There is some thing ironic about the question, if somebody doesn't know English then how can he reply in that language that he doesn't know or even bigger issue is that how can he understand the question.

"Yeah I understand", it comes as relief to Tony.

" Who are you?"

"I am Ravi and please don't ask what I am doing here because even I don't know what I am doing here."

"See I have told you, it just started" Brett says.

"What is the date today?" Ravi asks

"It's 26th July"

"And year?"

"2009"

"Oh my god!", exclaims Ravi and covers his face with his hairy hands.

"What happened? Is there some time mismatch?" Tony asks a bit excited, since his childhood he wanted to do the time travel.

"No, even bigger problem, it's the same date!"

Tony is just looking at him as he cannot understand the problem but Ravi starts again

"I happened to meet some mutants and they shot with some gun. If I go by the date, it is today! But since then I was in a some place for what I feel like years but on coming out of that place... I cannot believe it's same day."

"What mutants?" Tony asks and Brett just goes to the washroom.

"Mutants, with hairs on whole body, deformed face as if something is pulling left side of face and there was a small third eye on left side of head "

Brett comes back with a mirror from washroom and holds it in front of him.

"Is it what the mutants look like", Brett asks.

Ravi cannot believe what he is watching, he is a mutant and just now a small eye on left side of face opens up.
© Copyright 2009 Sumeet (sumeet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1584998-The-otherside-Part-5-Time-running-out