*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1586246-Another-Joke
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1586246
Trying again.
Fred was behind the bar, leaning over it. Directly in front of him were the Murphy twins. Down the wood, asleep with his head on his arms, was Sal Silverman.

“So the bartender says to this priest and this...” (Fred gazed over once at Sal and turned back to Angus and Marty). He lowered his voice... “And this rabbi. So the lawyer says--”

“'Bartender,'” Angus corrected. 'The bartender said'...” Then he nodded his head repeatedly, willing Fred onward.

“No, no-- yea, yer right. The bartender said to the priest and the rabbi--”

Suddenly the front door opened.

Fred raised his index finger in a “to be continued” gesture and followed his substantial stomach down the length of the bar.

"Hennie!” he called joyously to the walk-in.

“Just got outta the joint!” the huge man trumpeted.

Fred served him a double on the house and came back to the twins.

“Just got out'a the joint!” Henny said again, this time his words were meant for the twins, who fake-smiled and waved, and leaned back toward Fred.

“Sooo...!” Fred boomed, trying to get back on point.

“Bartender?” The twins prompted, nodding with their identical eyebrows raised into their identical hairlines.

“Yea, right! So a priest and rabbi come into the bar, and the the bartender says--”

“What is this, a joke?” the now awake Sal Silverman asked from down the bar. “I want'a hear it!”

Fred straightened and turned slowly toward Sal.

“That's it!” the twins said. They finished their drinks and walked quickly for the door.

“What?” asked Sal.

“Fagetaboutit” Hank said. “You ruined it!”

“Been away two years!” Henny said. “I never thought I'd see this place again!”

-The End-
300 words and a joke stolen fair and square



© Copyright 2009 Winchester Jones (ty.gregory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1586246-Another-Joke