*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1587310-Insight-out
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Adult · #1587310
This is the remains of a true story.
That movie theater in the back of my mind is playing the double feature about you and me again.... you and me again...that scene where you step off the corner wearing your leopard skin jacket and cheap sunglasses... lips so red and splayed open in a rebellious sneer...that rebellious sneer.

You stepped off that corner just in time to get clipped, to get spun, to get rolled up and over the hood of that drunk karaoke driving machine. Those cheap sunglasses going free from your face as helter as skelter can be twirling and spinning out of sight out of mind lost but not forgotten very much like that rebellious sneer that also came free from your face... your face which was now a mask of confused tragedy.

Time and space bent itself and I was next to you. The space in between where I was and where I ended was filled with that scream that I scream every time I see this scene of you and me again in that movie theater in the back of mind.

My arms cradling that broken porcelain you had become. The sound of your last breath, your  love leaving your body  was not drowned out by the sobbing red velvet rope a dope that was gibbering and crying into is very expensive coat sleeve behind me.



                                                                  INTERMISSION



                                                                (SCENE OMITTED)

                                    "LETS ALL GO TO THE LOBBY, LETS ALL GO TO THE LOBBY,

                                    LETS ALL GO TO THE LOBBY AND GET OURSELVES A SNACK!"



So here I am now sitting in this windswept ally with my head between my knees lips chapped my arms wrapped around myself starring at the remains of my regurgitated chemical diatribe splattered all over my shoes and the cold pavement underneath me thinking of you and me again.





© Copyright 2009 Adambomb (adambomb379 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1587310-Insight-out