*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1587779-I-am-little-green-algae
by Rodion
Rated: E · Monologue · Philosophy · #1587779
I have an eye and a pair of hairs...
I have an eye and a pair of flexible hairs. I can move by stiring my hairs. I can move... Just wherever I want!

I move where the sun shines - and there I relax photosyntesising. I am synthesising my food from neorganic elements inside myself. I am like a real animal, because I can move.

Also I can make love - the aim of the process is to modify gene pool - you know, like other species do. Surely I can either reproduce without love - just by division.

My fate is to be born, to feed myself, to make children and to die - and this makes me to resemble the majority of humans. And even like majority of humans I am missing any brain.

Surely people do have delicate hands and powerful legs - and complicated vision, which allows discerning of forms and colours. My eye only can feel the presence of light, and my hairs only allow to swim at some particular direction. I am far simplier, of course.

But I see the light! And I am moving to reach it!

And by the way I am creating oxygen. Not what many others produce!
© Copyright 2009 Rodion (rodiongork at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1587779-I-am-little-green-algae