*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1588072-All-in-Due-Time
Rated: ASR · Novella · Teen · #1588072
A girl falls in love with a vampire
It was a Monday afternoon, and the grey sky imposed a gloomy shadow upon the world below. The August air was thick, and felt to Jenni as she was drowning. The microscopic water particles ganged up to form an ocean of foggy mess; the wind had become indecisive, not knowing whether to exist or not, so it settled for random burst. Pitter patter went the leaves as they surfed the concrete; filling the courtyard with a staccato beat. On Jenni’s left a hose nozzle protruded from the brick wall, leaking, soaking the ledge and flooding the already damp earth. Drip…drip…drip…oddly it went well with the leaves, like a bass guitar keeping the tempo.
She let her eyes wander carelessly; the roof was being worked on. The vanilla trap hung over the sides, the wind blowing it around like a child playing peek-a-boo, flapping in the wind. Thwack…thwack…thwack…sounding like tribal drums during war. Then she noticed the cicadas chirping loudly, then they fell silent once more; the string instruments in her pseudo-orchestra.
Her little fantasy was cut short however when the creak of a door broke through the symphony.
Jenni Renfrow tried not to stare at the boy who had walked in, but she really couldn’t help it. His hair was the colour of rich denim, and cut to glide easily across his waxen face. His eyes were an emerald green and seemed to hold catacombs of secrets and hushed desires; they were deep, impenetrable, the eyes of a poet. The boy was a little taller then she by a few inches, and wasn’t lanky like the other boys at school were. Yet he didn’t give the impression that he took steroids either. His muscles were defined, no overly bulkish, but perfectly; just enough so his arms fit snuggly underneath his black and purple band tee.
Suddenly she felt exposed and vulnerable, as if she were naked on the L Train. She cursed the wind that she was enjoying only a few minutes prior, coming at her like rich girls at a Nordstrom blowout sale. Her paper was strewn everywhere, her writing, poetry, song lyrics all scattered across the dirt.
The boy looked over at her, “Do you need some help?” he spoke as his manly legs brought him gracefully to Jenni’s side.
He smelled of spearmint and cinnamon; and his eyes were, up close, such piercing verdigris that Jenni had to look down at her feet to avoid becoming fixated.
Nano seconds seemed to drag on like hours before she could muster up the courage enough to answer.
“Uh…” Uh? That was not what she had intended to say. But her mouth didn’t appear to by in sync with her brain.
The boy smiled the sexiest smirk she had ever seen. His lushes lips parting way to showcase straight teeth, unnaturally white; his canines glinted in the light.
With the pose of a swan, he scooped up the papers and laid them neatly upon the blue table top.
“The name is Alexander Pierce” he said, sitting down next to Jenni.




"The name is Alexander Pierce" he said, sitting down next to Jenni.

She wanted to shift away from him, he eminated this dark power; and it frightened her. THe feeling of drunken lust was lost, and replace with utter revulsion and disgust. He was sitting so close that she could see all the pores on his masculine nose; and she hated it. Hated the way his arms looked, hated how much she wanted to know how it felt to be wrapped up in them. She hated the twinkle in his eyes, and the way his cheeks flushed rosy red. Yet what Jenni hated most of wall was herself; she hated herself for hating this perfect specimen of the human race that sat heside her.

His hand brushed lightly against hers. His touch sent an electric current pulsating throughout her body. Goose flesh rose up across her skin, and obvious reaction since his hand was like ice, fire then ice. It was a strange sensation, not all together unpleasent, but not enjoyable either.

Ever so slowly, she allowed her eyes to meet his. They stared blankly at eachother, no one of them making a sound, not one of them daring to move. Even the wind had stopped blowing and the courtyard was thick with an unnatural silence.

Somewhere, off in the distance, Jenni's brain registered a bell, telling her that lunch was now over. Despite this she remained seated, locked in a gaze with the most handsome boy she had ever seen.

Pierce smiled again, and Jenni gave a weak sheepish smile in return, adverting her eyes for a second while she tilted her head down and to the left, her cheecks had become the colour of ripe oak leaves in the autum.

Another bell, this time Jenni blinked herself out of the magical trance, but Pierce was gone. Oddly enough it didn't phase her, as if Jenni hadn't expected him to stay around for long. Maybe he wasn't ever really there, just a figment produced by her very lonely very overactive imagination. As she gathered all of her belongings, and made way to those omonious stell grey double doors, she could have sworn that the wind whispered to her a name, a name she never heard before, but a name that would soon be the meaning behind everything she would do..."Beoncia"...


Jenni was seated next to a scrawny boy with an obvious ance problem he refused to treat. His hair was black andgreasy, his nose large and hooked. He reminded her of Severus Snape.
"I'm Lucas." the boy said with a slight lisp. His teeth were yellow and crooked and in deire need of some braces. He stuck out his left hand across the desk, waiting for Jenni to grab it. She was reluctant, but shook it nontheless. "Lucas Holecomb. Just transferred here from Ohio." Lucas averted his gaze from Jenni to scan the auditoruim. Hisdull browneyes taking in the overly blueness of it all. The seats blue, the carpet blue, the walls blue, the curtains were red though. "Nice Aud." he commented.
Jenni rubbed her forehead and shrunk further into her seat. "They just re-did it this semester." she said softly, with a air of uneaseness. First day back, senior year, and she had to be stuck with the new kid, the ugly new kid. Uggg, he reeked of parsnip and celerey, and oil seemed to be oozing from his pores. Jenni couldn't stand it any longer, the sight of Lucas was making her literally ill.
She smelled him before she saw him. Alexander Pierce wasn't far away, his enticing cinnamon and spearamint fragerance was waffing its way towards her nose, and began over powering Lucas's stentch.
Before Jenni could turn around, Pierce was behind her. She felt his soft lips graze her right ear lobe. Hot breath was a steady rhythem, along with his deep sexy voice. "I see you met my brother Lucas." he said lazyly.

© Copyright 2009 Glossip (glossip at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1588072-All-in-Due-Time