*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1589408-Life-Lessons-for-my-Little-Girl
Rated: E · Monologue · How-To/Advice · #1589408
Life advice to a certain little girl.
To my sweet, loving little girl,
You need to know that your big brown eyes and sparkling smile light up even the darkest rooms. During your lifetime, you are going to forget how wonderful you are. You will think badly about the way you look, the way you act and more. No matter what your inner critic tries to tell you, you are a precious addition to this world. You were put here for a reason and the world is a better place because you exist.
You will have some hard times. You will feel sadness and pain, but you will also feel great joy. You will experience a broken heart more than once, but it really is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. It won’t feel like it at the time, but you have to trust me on this one.
Please remember, when choosing a husband, never settle for less than you deserve….and you deserve somebody wonderful. If a man calls you names or puts his hands on you in violence, get away from him because he will not change and you deserve better. He may try to convince you that you don’t deserve happiness, but he is lying.
One day you will be a mother. Remember that you have been given a gift from Heaven and try to keep that in mind. Even when those children grate on every nerve you have, they count on you to love them unconditionally. Please understand the importance of your role as mama early so that you don’t have years that are remembered as times that you wish you would have done a better job.
Most of all little brown eyes, love yourself. It doesn’t matter what you look like, it doesn’t matter what mistakes you make. Remember that if you don’t love yourself, nobody else can love you either. Love others, never seek revenge, and help whenever you can. Life is much too short to wallow in hatred.
Love always,
You in 30 years.
© Copyright 2009 writingrose (adw1979 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1589408-Life-Lessons-for-my-Little-Girl