*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1590470-Chapter-one
by Maje
Rated: E · Chapter · Horror/Scary · #1590470
This is what i was thinking of starting my story off with. i have first four chaperts done
Chapter One



         The trees zipped past her; she knew she had to keep running. Fear had taken over and the adrenaline was pumping through her veins like a faucet left on high. Dodging limbs and running as hard as her legs could take her. The thoughts were racing through her head.

“Where to run?”, “What is that stench?”

         Being a high school track star she kept running, winding her way through the trees. Her shirt was soaked with sweat and the perspiration was dripping from her brow making it harder to see. She had dropped her pack around a quarter of a mile back and was running faster without the extra weight attached to her.

         She stopped to catch her breath and then she heard it again. Whatever it was had ran twice as far and twice as face and now was running to the right of her. Without turning to see she began running down the hill she thought she could outrun it. She heard it crashing through the brush, twigs snapping and limbs being torn. She felt herself began to panic more as the thunderous footsteps were approaching closer to her.

“Just a little farther” she thought to herself.

         The brush was thickening, she knew she just had to make it another hundred yards and she would be at her car. She continued to get speed as the slope increased more, she could hear the creek running in the distance. She continued to run harder jumping fallen logs while she took short cuts from one trail section to the next, she felt the burning in her lungs and knew she had to reach her car.

         “Snap”, the noises were coming from the brush twenty feet in front of her, the creature was crashing through the brush like a locomotive with no breaks. The scream it bellowed was horrendous and sent chills down her spine! She realized she was not going to make it and in frustration started to scream.

“NOOOO..” Her sounds were cut short as the last things she would see was the hairy hand with the sharp claws that covered her face.

© Copyright 2009 Maje (randymontambo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1590470-Chapter-one