*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1591699-There-Will-be-a-Way
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1591699
Determination in the face of failure.
It all seemed clear, at least once upon a time...and he knew just what he would do when the time was right. But the time was never right, and the road he traveled reared. On this road he traveled he had not planned to go, even though each step he took was a step deeper in a land he'd never known.

He was lost, and so were his dreams...he knew not where he was, nor how to find his way again. Now he staggered one step after another, and the elements beat him fiercely while he traveled on his way.
There would be a place, yes, somewhere he would find the way to turn from this path that led him down, down, down.

He would find that someplace somewhere and he would dry his many tears. This was not the way he planned...he blindlessly traveled on in no where land. He had had big plans, and dreams worth coming true, and he would succeed...he would swear that to you...but instead there was a void in his heart which all but tore him apart, and he hurt and he ached, and he sought that someplace...somewhere, where he could turn this all around.

Oh, it was not easy, and yes, he was scared...for as the world turned he was going no where. But inspite of the pain that he felt still, he determined to walk on and find the path he was meant to walk, the one he planned to tread.

He first dusted off himself and came up with a plan. He put away his sadness, sucked it up like a man. He put aside the memories that freely called to remind that the dreams he had were left far, far behind. No! He would not listen...No! he would not hear...for he would make this work, some way, some how, and he moved on one foot in front of the other, sometimes it felt like years.

Although his dreams danced in never land, and although it quite frankly seemed that only in his imagination would he ever really succeed, still the void would be filled, and one day the pain would go, for he had determined that it would be so.

Louise Alberto McAtee

Author of When That Day Comes

http://www.outskirtspress.com/whenthatdaycomes


© Copyright 2009 Louise Alberto McAtee (hzleyes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1591699-There-Will-be-a-Way