*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1593664-Tired-Ole-Black-Lady
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Monologue · Emotional · #1593664
This was from another prompt told in the Black ladies voice totally.
Sometimes I feel just like a gerbil running around and around on his wheel. You know where you keep running but never get anywhere successfully. Yep that is how I feel stuck here in this Alabama communty. I have lived here my entire life and never have left it in ummm some now 50 years or so I tell you. I have experienced everything one old black lady could experience in her dull meaningless life. I never did have any children because I never wanted them. Didn't help that I didn't like the boys and preferred the girls either hehe. Now don't be going all insensitive on me now. We didn't have all those choices that people your age have now with that artificial impregnantion stuff. Not sure I would do it even if I had the chance. Now if you gonna judge me mame we can stop talking all together, but you did ask me about my life so I am telling you. Oh you wanna know what that is. Oh that was from Bernice. My love and my one and only. It is my only keepsake of her now. She passed on now 15 years and left me here in Alabama alone. You know there wasn't any of that new fangled protections for couples like they have now adays in places. Whe she died it devastated me. OH NO! Is that time on your watch correct? I best be getting off this bench here and over to the church. If I am late I won't get any dinner tonight and I am mighty hungry from doing all this talking. What? you wanna take this tired old hungry black lady to dinner? You wanna be seen in a restraut with me? Bless your soul. You are a better person then I even imagined. Thank you so much you done my tired heart some good today. Well lets be going Mary and oh have this keepsake from Bernice. No I insist. I won't be around forever and need someone kind to keep it. Now come on this tired old black lady needs to eat.
© Copyright 2009 EricMPatterson (soulflower1981 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1593664-Tired-Ole-Black-Lady