*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1595063-Towards-the-evening
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1595063
'Brothers' meet death at sea
TOWARDS the EVENING

1995, Anomabo, Central Region of Ghana; two ‘brothers’, Ato and Enoch decide to experience the sea for the first time along side some fishermen. All seems well upon their set off; however, the coast is not always clear as the evening begins to set in on their voyage…



it is a Saturday afternoon at Anomabo, the time being noon. The beach as usual is full, flooded by traders of fish, buyers as well. The first catch for today had begun some hours ago, at dawn, 3.30 to be precise. By 11, the stock had reached shore. The boat that had done this deed, the Enso Nyame Ye now stands at shore, resting until its next sail, early tomorrow morning. The crew made of five men, three of whom are experts in the business, having gone off shore for many years now. The remaining two however being apprentices who joined the others just this morning after the leader and owner of the boat, an uncle of one of them had finally agreed on their decision to join the crew the next time it left for sea. Presently, they take lunch, gulping down some fante kenkey with pepper and fried fish, a delicacy; the meal. They chat as they eat, talking about their morning catch, how much it was and how much income they were to get from it.

“I perceive the weather would be fine tomorrow morning too, right?” Rock, the leader, asks as he clears the final filets of the large tilapia in his plate. “Sure, was that not what the meteorologist had said?” Ampadu, his co-equal, remarks sounding quite confident of the local weatherman in the area, Dada Seth. He, being an experienced man in the trade could tell the times that were favourable for one to go fishing. He did so as frequent as his calls were, by coming out of his small wooden shelter and looking into the sky to tell if the hour was right or not. His predictions or convictions however, were always true; they never failed anyone, except for the one who had a problem with his gadgets. The life of the community rested, for to them, life was fishing over this man. “Yes, you’re right. How could I have forgotten so quickly?” Rock says, responding to Ampadu’s question.

“So, the two of you would be joining us tomorrow morning.” He continues, in a loud voice turning his attention on the two young men that sit by his right hand side, nibbling at the final bits of flesh on the skeletons in their bowls. “Yes, uncle, we are ready.” Enoch immediately replies, almost chocking on the bone. “Hmm, what about your friend, Ato, is he also as READY as you say?”

“Yes, master. I am.” He replies, sounding confident and serious. Rock looks at them, staring intently into both faces, trying to find the spark of manly character that easily appears in their tone. He guesses he’s found one, in both faces after a minute, thus, he smiles softly feeling satisfied with his guess. “Alright, therefore, we set off at 2 tomorrow morning.” Rock says after some seconds of deliberate silence. “Yes sir”.

Ato replies. “Yes uncle”. Enoch adds. “Yes sir, yes uncle…that sounds polite yet not my type of response for a man. You may call me Rock if you like. Now, practice it for me to hear.” Rock says. “Yes Rock.” The two say simultaneously in a serious tone. “Good. And I shall call you ‘T’ for Ato and Oak for Enoch. Is that ok with you?” He asks, sounding casual. “Yes sir.” Ato replies forgetting the formula. “Yes Rock!” He abruptly corrects with all his strength. “Ok, I hear you.” Rock says, chuckling through his speech. Subsequently, they rise, finishing their meal. Ampadu goes home to his wife while the two boys leave with Rock, all heading for the same destination. The last of the crew, Adams, a quiet northern man however, chooses to stay behind. He lies beneath one of the coconut trees there, resting over an old rag on the sand, his eyes drooping with heavy sleep as the breeze passes by.

Some minutes later, the boys arrive at their respective quarters; Ato who goes to his father’s hut and Enoch to Rock’s place. “Ah, what a day, I need to catch some sleep quickly before it fades from my eyes.” Rock whispers; yawning as he throws himself onto the old, noisy bed of his room. This, a gift from an old friend, had faithfully served him all these years of its arrival, bearing his weight until it began to complain. Nonetheless, it remains strong for its metallic. “Enoch!” Rock calls suddenly to his nephew. ‘He too must sleep for tomorrow.’ He thinks. “Uncle!” Enoch replies, running to the room. “Enoch, what are you doing?” Rock asks in a calm tone. “Nothing, uncle, just arranging things on the compound.” He replies softly, with his hands at the back. “Ok, hurry and finish it. You need to sleep before tomorrow’s trip, alright.”

“Yes, uncle.” He replies, nodding along side his response. “Ok, you may go. Remember to lock the door after you come in.  Though there isn’t much to pick from here, there is a lot to lose. You understand me, don’t you?” He asks, referring to the fishing equipment that lies in the little store room next to his. “Yes uncle, I do.” He replies with a smile, understanding perfectly well. Subsequently, he excuses himself and goes to continue his work, clearing the compound of all dark sights. Then, returns to the room, going over to his side, onto a mat on the porous floor.

“Here you are, I made you some rice with egg stew.” Abena, wife to Ampadu utters soberly as she lets down onto the wooden stool before him, the bowl of food in the hand. “Ah, A-be-na, I told you not to bother yourself cooking for me this afternoon. I already took something at the beach.”

“Something like what?” She asks, still in a sober tone. “Some kenkey and fish of course, what else could a man like my self take after being so long at sea?”

“So you would not take my food; is that what you mean to say?” Abena asks, however this time, with a bit of anger in the tone. “No…I can’t believe you’re still your old self.” Ampadu slowly shakes the head, saying. “Yes, I am. And I would always be Ebo!” She remarks, standing upright before him with a frown on the face. “Alright, bring the food. I would eat it, if that’s what will get your countenance straightened up. Bring it.” He softly says, and afterwards, sits upright on his bed. She turns to look at him, showing him a frightening glare then quickly walks away with a shuffle, the food going with her. Once more, Ampadu shakes the head, after a minute of sighing. He had thought that this behaviour of hers, this malady was gone. However, he was wrong; it was just a show she had put up those early years of their togetherness. She was still very much a jealous woman. Consequently, he returns to his bed, falling into a deep sleep shortly afterwards.

Meanwhile, at Ato’s father’s place, the young man of sixteen, informs his father about the voyage to sea early the next morning. His father, an old, agile man of sixty-five, listens attentively as his son elucidates the purpose of the voyage. “...father, I will be a fisherman, a great one like Dada Seth. This is my first trip to sea, nevertheless, I promise to make the best out of it; to watch EVERY SINGLE step; how the net is thrown into the water… “How the waves rise, and how dangerous it could be for the one who has never been to sea before.” His father adds, suddenly interrupting in a strong tone. “Father, I will be ok, I have said so many times already!”

“Is that why you still insist on going, because you think you are man enough?”

“Father, age is nothing compared to wisdom; wisdom cannot be without faith and faith cannot be without practice. Please understand…and grant me your blessing for tomorrow.” Ato says, with a piteous look on the face. “Hmm, your mother would never forgive me for letting you go…” The old man says, speaking undertone as though to himself. Ato stares quietly at him, putting away the look on the face. He seems concerned about him; nevertheless, he cannot quash his decision. He must be at the beach early tomorrow morning, to be taken along to sea. “Father”, he calls in an attempt to clear the uneasiness in his head. “Yes, son, what do you have to say?” he asks sounding and looking pathetic at him. “Father”, he reiterates. “I must go.” He finally adds in a clear tone, not sounding any less that he had planned on. “Ato, your mother…your dear mother if she were alive would never have let you go.” His father says, still bearing the tone and look. “But I am grown now papa, I may be sixteen, not a lot of years for your ears, yet I am still a man. I am no longer the boy who used to suck at his mother’s teat. I am grown now papa, please understand me just for this once. Let me go.” Ato pleads, sounding emotional. “Alright, fine. You may leave.” His father says, in a serious tone not looking at him. Ato stares into the face of the only father of his world speaking that strong to him. He blinks, a tear falls down his face and he quickly wipes it with the back of his palm. He is a man; his father must see him in that light. “Papa, I am leaving, is there something you want me to do for you before I go?” He asks, speaking like a man with no fears. “No.” the old man simply replies, not looking at him. “Ok, then, I am going.” Ato says then turns to walk away. “Go Ato, you have my blessing, go.” The old man cries with all his strength, as his son gets to the door, ready to exit. Ato does not turn; he smiles, grinning for a fact. Yet, his father cannot see this too, for he is a man, not a girl.

The hour has come; 1 am, reports the wrist watch on Rock’s bed. He rises, suddenly, at the tick of the watch. “Enoch, Enoch!” He calls, tapping the young man on the mat beside him. “Uncle!” He responds, jerking himself off the mat, looking widely into his uncle’s face. “It’s time for us to leave.” Rock says, walking towards the exit, a little dazed with sleep. “Where is the galloon?” He asks himself as he heads towards the store room. He finds it, standing in its usual position by the wall. He uncovers the head, bending it afterwards for some water which he holds in the cup that sat over the galloon. Subsequently, he washes the face, moving the fingers thoroughly over it, trying to disperse every bit of sleep within it. He succeeds, his eyes widely open afterwards, ready for the trip at sea. Meanwhile, Enoch stands outside, cleaning the teeth with a medium size stick which he has just broken off some neem plant by the hut. He shivers, for it is cold. He would need to take along his sweater. That won’t be so manly of him yet he cannot stand the ‘pain’, this cold air that sucks up his strength. Five minutes later, he is in his room, putting on an ash sweater, not its original colour. “What, Enoch, what are you wearing?” Rock inquires, entering the room all of a sudden. Enoch says nothing, only stares blankly into his face, hoping within him that he would understand. “You’re going to put on a sweater?” Rock asks sounding and looking a bit humorous. “Uncle, it is cold outside…” Enoch says, showing him a piteous look. “Therefore, you have to wear this, isn’t it?” He asks, sounding casual. “No, I mean I put it on because I feel a bit cold.” Enoch says, trying to sound convincing. “Then you can’t come along Enoch, you got to stay. I can’t be responsible for your death at sea.” Rock says, casually then walks to his closet for a shirt. “But Uncle, I am ok, I really am. Look, I have no phlegm in my nostrils, touch my skin and see, it feels fine… “Then, don’t wear that. Let it down.” He orders, softly, buttoning his shirt. ‘Uncle’, Enoch almost says, after the order has come. He could protest, yet his objection could be his rejection. He has waited so long for this day, to see the sea. Therefore, nothing could stop him from experiencing so.

At 1.30, the crew has reached the beach where the Enso Nyame Ye stands amongst the lot. They prepare for the sail, Rock inspecting the boat, checking the oil in the motor…the net for fishing….as well as the condition of the two new comers. “Is everyone ok?” He asks, looking into the faces of the two young men. “Yes, Rock.” They both reply with manly confidence, looking straight into his face. “Therefore, we sail now. Give me a hand on this would you.” Rock says as he starts to push the boat into the water. The others immediately join in getting it into the water, the Enso Nyame ye, to start its first trip for the day. Fifteen minutes into the sail, the water is calm. The sky smiles at them; it’s indeed a beautiful dawn. The two young men, sitting close by each other, warming themselves smile as they live their dream. Then, suddenly, the time comes for the net to be thrown. Rock and Ampadu, the two sea dogs are in charge of this action.  They do so first of all, by choosing the path of the sea where the fishing would take place. Secondly, they let down the net which has some powerful electric lamps attached to it. The light attracts the fishes to the spot where the net is thrown. Subsequently, the boat encircles the area spreading the net which is attached to it into the water, sinking it to the bottom of the water. Then, the hunting begins. Consequently, after the net is full, it is pulled out of the water by a device known as a winch which lies within the boat. This is known as trawling.

Therefore, the men act likewise, Ato and Enoch observing happily from a distance. “Rock, is that all?” Ato asks after the operation is over. “Yes, that is all; all we hope for now is that we get a good harvest today just as yesterday.” Rock softly replies; his eyes and mind being over the area. “So how long would we be here?” Ato inquires the second time, sounding excited. “As soon as we’ve enough, we shall leave. Not later than 4, I presume.” Rock answers, sounding a bit at ease now. He returns to his seat at the edge of the boat. Subsequently, silent fills the vessel, everyone remains quiet except for the breeze and motor that can faintly be heard. They all sleep, the boys on the floor close by each other, Adams leaning against a board at his side, even Rock, whose eyes stare closed at the water. Ampadu however, keeps his watch although the eyes constantly go on and off.  Some minutes later, as the net fills more and more with fish, something unusual happens. The electric lamp on the boat starts to flicker as though its power were finishing. Rock is the first to see it as the flickering sound hits his awakening ears. “Adu, Adu!” he calls to the man closest to him side, tapping him hard to rise. “Yes!” Ampadu responds, awakening with a fright. “Adu look, what is happening? The lamp is flickering.” Rock says staring astonished at the scene. “Ah, could it be that we forgot to charge it after yesterday’s sail?” He asks, uncertain of the possibility. “No, I put it on charge yesterday, I charged the battery and it was full.” Rock says, sounding certain of his statement. “Did you test it afterwards to see if it could light?” Ampadu asks, rising from his seat, supposedly going to check the lamp. He holds it then turns it round, apparently in a quest to find where the fault is from. “What is it?” Rock inquires in a loud voice, awakening the others. “Uncle, what is happening?” Enoch asks, staring widely into his face, rising from the floor. “The lamp is flickering. We guess it might be a fault or something… “Boom!’ it suddenly explodes in Ampadu’s hand. “Aaii! Yesu gye me!” he exclaims holding his palms against his face. He is hurt, badly injured in the face. Suddenly, the place becomes a bee-hive, with everyone trying to save the injured man. “Adams, get me the box!” Rock cries, referring to the old first aid box that sits within a small compartment in the boat. “Here”, he replies quickly rushing to him with the box. Rock takes out a bandage, ready to wrap the injured face with it. Yet, he can’t, the wound is too great, the man may die in a matter of seconds. “Rock, help me…help me Rock, please don’t let me die…” Ampadu cries still holding the face as he slowly slips onto the floor. The others look on alarmed at the sight before them; one of their own dieing before their eyes, and they knowing not what to do. “Uncle, we cannot let him die, what do we do?” Enoch asks, in a trembling voice. “Yes we can’t yet there is nothing…absolutely nothing we can do.” Rock replies in a tearful tone overwhelmed by the situation. Ampadu continues to call, yet softly now, more like a whisper. Five minutes later, he is quiet, he is gone. Consequently, the crew begins to cry; not with their tongues, with her eyes as lots of water freely pour down their faces. “So what do we do with the body?” Adams asks after he’s shed enough of his tears. “Bury him”, Rock simply says, not wanting to speak any further. “Take him home and bury him.” He adds, in a silent tone, completing the statement, speaking no further afterwards. “Uncle, the net is ready to be pulled.” Enoch says, interrupting the quietness in the place. Rock does not respond; his eyes hang down gazing at a blank space on the floor. “Adams, the net is ready to be pulled in.” He whispers to Adams. “Pull it in.”  He softly replies not looking into his face. “But Adams, it is too heavy… Besides, I have never done it before.” Enoch says, in a convincing tone. “Let your friend help you then.” Adams says, speaking no more afterwards.  Subsequently, the two boys start to pull back the net, taking hold of the handle of the winch, rolling it to lift the net into the boat. They try with all their strength, yet the load seems too heavy for them. Suddenly, the net begins to feel heavier and heavier. It is as if there was a counter force in the sea that held it back in the water. “Adams, it’s slipping from our hands, the net!” Enoch screams as he tries hard with Ato to control it. Subsequently, the force overpowers them, tearing away the handle of the winch. It flies off into the water, leaving the ropes on the winch free. “The catch is getting away!” Ato screams as the two watch helplessly, the bad event unfolding. “What is happening? Where is the fish?” Adams inquires in frenzy as he rushes to the site where they are. He sees the winch without its metallic handle and the ropes round it all lying loosely on the floor. “What happened here?” He asks, looking fiercely into the faces of the two. “We tried pulling back the net yet it felt too heavy for us.” Ato says. “And as we continued with it, it got heavier and in the process, the handle disengaged from the body. It flew into the water afterwards.” Enoch adds in a trembling tone. “What, what do you mean by that boy? Nothing as you say has ever happened before not of my memory. You are lying to me, aren’t you?” he asks thundering at them. “Adams, it is the truth we are telling you” Enoch says, strongly defending. “Hey, don’t think it’s because your uncle owns this boat you can talk anyhow to me…fools, you failed to roll back the net and now you blame it on some strange happening. Ah! What a crisis, losing our man as well as our catch.” He snaps, slowly walking away from them. “Adams, leave those two alone, they speak the truth; they’ve done no wrong.” Rock says in a calm tone, sounding from his corner. “What, Rock you side with them, after everything we worked for has just vanished into the sea?” Adams says looking widely into his face. “Does that mean more to you than the death of Adu?” Rock asks, rising from where he sits. “No, of course not!” Adams replies. “Then why are you insisting that it’s their fault?” Rock says walking slowly towards him. “Because it is, that’s the truth!”

“That is not the truth.” Rock remarks stopping before him. “Tell me then, what is YOUR TRUTH?” Adams asks, sounding a little angry. “Adams, you remember how much we gave to Dada Seth last Tuesday when we went to sea, don’t you?”

“Yes, that was about two hundred thousand Cedis. Why the account, what has it got to do with this?” He asks in an uncertain tone. “A lot friend, a very lot.” Rock replies sounding convincing as he looks intently into his colleague’s face. “I hope you are not blaming him for this? You know he is like a god to this land… “Do you know how much we gave him just that week alone for all the catch we made?”

“No, unless you tell me.” Adams says. “A million Cedis.” Rock simply replies then turns round walking towards his seat. “What? You gave him all that, why?”

“Because he asked for it.” Rock replies. “But why did you have to do that, you could have asked of my opinion first?”

“So we all died long before this day?” Rock asks looking at him. “No, no, Rock you are going too far. You don’t dare speak against the man who has granted you so much liberty at your business. Remember he is not any ordinary man… “Therefore he is capable of causing us death and loss of our catch for refusing to give him what he thinks belongs to him!” Rock angrily says interrupting him. “I can’t believe this.” Adams softly says after some minutes of silent contemplations. “I would have doubted it myself if someone had told me; however, I’m living it now.” Rock says in a solemn tone. Subsequently, as the two sit quietly recounting their loss within their heads, a call comes in from the boys. “Uncle, Adams, the motor…it’s suddenly stopped functioning. It seems we’ve run out of oil!” Enoch says as he rushes with Ato towards them. They stare into each other’s face, knowing what is happening.

“Rock, uncle, the motor isn’t sounding any longer”, Enoch continues, sounding louder than before. “So we have to get some fuel”, Rock says, sounding a bit humorous. “But Uncle, where do we get that fuel from? Is there an island somewhere here where we can stop?” Enoch asks quite sheepishly, forgetting that they were stuck on the water. “Perhaps”, Adams says, cutting into the talk. “Ha, ha, ha…” Rock starts to laugh. Adams joins in, immediately setting up a long chain of laughter. Enoch looks on confused as the two men laugh away their sorrows. They could die, however what could they do? Nothing. Enoch stands on, waiting for the two to get serious. Yet it seems they never will be. He leaves dumbfounded to Ato who sits on the floor at a corner of the boat silently weeping. “Ato, don’t cry. Don’t lose hope yet. You would not die…none of us will.” Enoch says, sounding true. “I don’t care if I die, it would be the greatest reward for being stubborn, for not obeying my father’s words… but I want to live. I don’t want him to suffer for my death… that is why I want to live.” Ato confesses then returns to his sobs. “You would not die, you would live Ato. We all shall.” Enoch says, sounding full of certainty. To his eyes, there isn’t hope yet in his heart, is a slight feeling that something would happen. “Something must happen.” He tells himself as he sits close by his friend, trying to console him.

The hour now is 7 o’clock. The fishermen at the beach chat amongst themselves, while others are ready to leave for sea. The fish mongers, most of whom are women are in discussion as to when the Enso Nyame Ye would be arriving. “It usually comes late morning at 10 or 11.” One woman says responding to another’s question. “But why is that, is it because it brings a lot of fish?” Another asks, with anxiety in the tone. “Yes, and perhaps because it goes deeper that the others.” The first answers her. “Well, all we care about is that we get the fishes we sent for whether they were caught in deep waters or shallow waters.” A third says, causing the others to burst into laughter. Meanwhile, in the weather man’s hunt, a couple of men have come to ask of him the condition of the sky for the week. “It is fine. This week is a favourable time for fishing.” He says in a clear and relaxed tone. The two look into each others face, smiling broadly. The man looks on, happy that his action has again brought smiles upon the faces of his customers. “Therefore, how much do we own you papa?” the man who had decided on coming to see him asks. “Well, for now nothing. You may go to sea. However, on your return you have to deposit an amount of two hundred thousand Cedis into this”, he says referring to the big calabash that sits before him. That is how much the powers are willing to take for the service offered you.” Dada Seth says. “Oh, only two hundred? That is too little papa. Why not three hundred or more?” The man asks, sounding excited. The other, his friend, looks at him, wondering what could be wrong with him.

“We have not even made our accounts yet and you were there talking as though you had gold planted at the back of your house.”

“Yes, I have; I have because I will soon have. Every time we go fishing, I would be here to consult this man. Ah, what a man, what a blessing that the gods have given us; a man who can tell you when and when not the weather is good…who can do this, who? He asks himself as the two walk on to their homes. “Therefore when do we leave for sea?” the other asks him. “Friday.” He simply replies. “Friday? But I already told you I won’t be available on Friday.”

“Well, I will. It’s on Friday, no other day else. You may quit if you are indeed busy. I’m sure I could find someone to replace you.”

“No, I… I will go. I think I can spare sometime off my schedule.”

“Well then we shall meet on Wednesday morning to discuss the details of the trip.”

“Alright, see you later then.” The other says and branches off to the path leading to his house. “Ha, what a blessed day.” The former sighs as he walks delighted home.

Some minutes later, again at the weather man’s place, a woman comes to see him. She enters the room without first receiving permission from the one inside. “You, what do you want here?” He asks in a stern tone looking intently at her. “Where is my husband?” She asks solemnly then kneels before him. “Papa, I beg you… please do not kill my husband. I love him.” She says crying silently. The man looks on then sighs. “Woman, you must learn to be precise about what you want in life. Do you love him or you hate him?” He asks sounding grave. “I love him papa, I love him.” She immediately responds, raising the voice in tears. “Then why did you ask that I do to him what has already been done.” He asks still sounding grave. “What, what did you do to him? What…have you done to my husband?” she asks suddenly attacking him. “Stop it.” He says softly to her after she has griped his shirt, wringing it in the process. She does not obey, rather she starts calling him names. “Murderer…evil man, you killed my husband. Just because he said he didn’t have money to pay for your service you killed him, evil man…” she screams still holding him. “Woman, stop what you are doing... you don’t know what you are doing…” The man says yet she continues. Subsequently, a crowd pulls up at the area, standing on the compound listening to the accusations being leveled against their god incarnate. “Hey, woman, stop what you are doing? Or do you wish to incur the wrath of the powers upon yourself?” One man, a neighbour of Dada Seth inquires entering the hut to stop her. “Let them kill me…let those wicked forces do the same to me as they have done to my husband…” she says speaking out of anger. Yet, her words come true. Suddenly, from nowhere, a flash of light appears in the room where she is and abruptly she drops onto the floor beside Dada Seth, dead. The crowd outside hears the sound of the flash and some rush to the entrance to see what the problem is. They find the corpse of the once insulting woman lying slightly darkened on the floor. They gap and run to inform the others who intend spread the news. Some hours later, some elders from the chief’s palace meet with Dada Seth concerning the death of Ampadu’s wife. “Could you please tell us what really happened here, father?” One man, a representative of the chief asks politely. Dada Seth does not respond other than with the words, ‘The powers cannot go back on their actions.’

“What about the others who were on board with him? They are innocent aren’t they?” Another asks, worried at the fate of the remaining crew of the Enso Nyame Ye. “The powers would bring them ashore.” Dada Seth says and speaks no longer. Consequently, the entire village awaits the return of the Enso Nyame Ye with its crew of four men, the fifth being a corpse as they’ve been informed. Then, at the emergence of twilight, it comes, the boat appearing suddenly at the shore. “It is in, it has arrived!” One man screams as he has just awakened to the sight of the boat. Quickly, a rescue team is formed, consisting of five macho men who rush to pull out the survivors whom they later realize are unconscious. They try to revive them, performing mouth-to-mouth on each one of them yet to no avail. It is only Dada Seth who can do this since he knows where their souls presently lie. Subsequently, he removes the spell over them, the spell he had cast so they did not realize their sudden transportation here. A week later, the men return to normalcy, each going back to his trade. Nonetheless, the memories of the horror remain not in their heads. It’s been totally erased out of their memory for a purpose; that they would not suffer remembering a disaster which wasn’t as a result of their doing. Even up to this day, those four cannot retell a thing about what had happened to them on the sea at Anomabo some fourteen years ago, neither do they remember loosing a beloved one by the name Ebo Ampadu. Even if they were told about it, it would only sound like a story, some strange story to them.





© Copyright 2009 Denkerin (grafy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1595063-Towards-the-evening