*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1595745-Lightning-Warrior
by micky
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1595745
This is a story about a super hero named the Lightning warrior.
My name is Rick Bahn, and I'm not like everyone else, my life was dramatically changed when I was in high school. I was a normal 10th grader, ok actually I was a geek, but a bolt of lightning changed all that, but I'm getting ahead of myself, as I usually do see my brain works a lot faster than everyone else's does. Guess I should get into my history a little for you, I mean after all that is why you are here.
I'll start out by saying that I'm not a morning person, so after about 20 minutes of fighting with my alarm clock I missed the bus, so I had to ride my bike to school. I was late for class and got detention, it was the third time that week. While I was sitting in detention a thunder storm popped up, just my luck. I decided to cut through the park and get some cover under the trees. I was half way home when all I saw was a flash, next thing I know I was laying in the mud, and it was dark. My mind was full of questions like how what just happened? What time was it? Well I knew I was screwed I'd be grounded for a week. When I got home my parents freaked out on me and sent me to bed, a great friday.
I woke up in the middle of the night with lightning shooting all over the room, coming from me, and I was twitching at much faster than human speeds, I was very freaked out, I passed out and woke up in the morning, I was more chiseled than I was the previous night. My room was a mess my tv and light where blown up, I knew I couldn't explain it to my parents, or anyone else for that matter, they would think I was nuts, in fact I might be none of that could be possible I had to be going crazy, but then what was all that stuff that happened, I guess I will find out. How do I explain this to my parents? Can I clean it up before the see it? Well I did surprisingly. I moved at incredible speeds, I still didn't know what was going on.
I had the ability to throw lightning from my hands, turn my whole body into electricity, my mind worked a lot faster than a normal humans, and I had super human speed and strength, figured I should give you a full rundown on what I'm capable of.
At first I did what any teenager would do, I became a jock, and very popular. It was hard at first, I couldn't use my full abilities, or my might hurt someone and give my powers away, and probably end up a lab monkey. I kept doing that for two years, then I started to mature out of the kiddie stuff, so I quit all the teams I was on, all my coaches where pissed, but it was no challenge for me and trying to keep my powers secret while showing off wasn't a smart thing, ok in a football game I tackled someone and put them in a coma. His neck snapped, so even if he comes out of it he will be paralyzed, all my fault. Ok that is the real reason that I quit sports, and I decided to become a super hero, but I didn't do that just yet, for three months I was at the hospital everyday, the first person I confided in Pete Spicaro, was in a coma, and I put him there. It was in talking to him everyday, and realizing my potential that I decided to make up for what I did and become a hero, it was in doing this that I confided in the second person of my secret. I wasn't good at sewing or anything, and I needed a costume, it was just finding someone who was a good seamtriss, and who I could trust. Well by this point I had a lot of "friends" but not all of them where real friends, and I knew that, yeah I matured a lot in two years. Now though who could I talk to who wasn't going to freak out, and who I could trust, and who could design and sew a costume. I really didn't trust anyone to do it, so I dressed all in black and put on a ski mask, boy was I dumb. I went to my friend Jane Carter, I figured I would go to her in electrical form, then materialize, when I did that it did freak her out, but after assuring her for 20 minutes, then finally I made her promise to keep a secret, my identity I took the mask off. When she realized that I had super human abilities and what I did she yelled at me for doing it, but then she agreed to help me out. So I cleaned out my entire savings account so we could get everything we needed. I built a police scanner that fit in my ear, and virtually unnoticed. Jane bought kevelar to make the suit bullet proof, a good idea, I've been shot many times. She made the whole suit out of it. She put a reflective material over the eye holes, well one way reflective the other way is practically clear. She made the costume blue with two electrical lines going from the front to the back. The same lines across where the gloves meet the sleeves, and where the boots met the pants. She made a yellow belt with an oval belt buckle that had a lightning bolt in the middle of it. I liked it, and so did she.
Ok all done creating the costume, and my police scanner it was time to go out and see how people reacted to me. I was very nervous, who wouldn't be, it was after all showing the world that a super human existed. I thought that I was the only one, in fact I knew it, I wasn't but I'm getting ahead of myself.
My first night out I heard over the scanner that there was a break in into a jewelry store, I knew that I could get there a lot faster than the police. It wasn't very hard fight at all, when I appeared the robbers freaked out and started shooting me, it stung like hell, but they didn't know what they where getting into. I played some games and let them shoot me until they where out of bullets, that was the last time I did that, but when they where done shooting me I zapped them all. Then I tied them up and hauled them out for the police, the police where pointing there guns at me, so I left the robbers down, I said "I'm on your side"
They kept shouting to put my hands on my head, and surrender, so I turned to electricity and got out of there. That night I stopped some purse snatchers, and other small things like that. I did that kind of stuff for about a week, then the newspapers had a front page article about me.
The article said that there was a hero who was unlike anything any one had ever seen. He appears in a flash of light, can take out last count of fifteen robbers at once, and that is when I got my name The Lightning Warrior, it stuck, still don't know if I like it, but that is what everyone started to call me.
It was a rocky start, at first the cops where harassing me saying I was no more than a common criminal. That went on for months, until finally the papers where glorifying me, and the cops learned that I was a good guy. That was so long ago, I have learned so much since then.
My first clue that there was anything other than normal humans was when I went up against a guy who was able to control wind and water. I still don't know why he was thrashing downtown with massive winds and rains, but he was and I had to stop him. In our first battle he pumbled me, actually he almost killed me. As I was lying there dying I saw Jane above me, she healed me, then when I was comming to she disappeared, I know what I saw event though she denied it for years. After my being healed, I went up against Typhoon again and this time by pure luck I stopped him, then the government hauled him off, not the police, but Gmen, and they thanked me, but wouldn't tell me much, just that they would take it from there, I left it at that I had my own questions, and the welfare of a villain was none of my concern, I stopped him. I was more concerned with who it was that helped me, or I should say what it was. It looked like Jane, but was that her or something else.
I went to see her, and she denied it, well I took her word for it, she knew my secret, if she had some sort of ability she would tell me, right. Months went by after that, then I met up with my first demon, a vampire, that is when Jane told me the truth.
The truth was that she was some type of angel that was supposed to watch over me and make sure I made the right decisions. The angels choose me to have these powers, because there was a great war coming between humans and demons, and fallen ones and angels. She told me there where other super humans who where also preparing for the great war. A lot to take in, but I'm a super hero, and she figured I could handle it now. That news changed my world though, now I had to learn all about demonoligy, which ones where real, and which ones where fake, how to stop them.
Oh right you are probably wondering about the vampire, I finally won the battle with him, but a wooden stake only put it to sleep, I had to cut it's head off. Well I guess that is all for now, come back again, and I will tell you some more stories from before the great war.
© Copyright 2009 micky (micky25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1595745-Lightning-Warrior