*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1596053-All-Skate--Webisode-Ten
Rated: 13+ · Other · Drama · #1596053
In the Pacific Northwest, Rookie Agent Lynn Kwan uncovers a dark secret.
You can tell a lot about an agent from their case reports. Lynn had spent several hours pouring over Gerald's. In Graduate School, Lynn had been an exceptionally gifted student when it came to profiling an individual from their writings. Her ability to spot distinctive character traits by selective word choice and the use of "I" or "ME" was legendary at the Academy. Agent Hinch was no different. She knew she was in for his special brand of narcissism and was well prepared for him.

She was led to his office. She noted that he did not personally meet her at the door. She had three strikes against her already and they hadn't even met. She was a rookie, a woman, and an Asian.

He was seated and apparently on the phone when she walked in. He made her wait while he finished his chat. It wasn't an important call. He was establishing dominance. He hung up. "Please," he motioned to a chair. "Sit down. Make yourself comfortable." She parried, "that's OK, I would rather stand." She now stood over him and he didn't like it. Score one for Lynn.

He suddenly jumped up from his seat. He gabbed his coat, badge, and firearm. "Let's go for a ride."

Let the games begin.

-MRC
© Copyright 2009 Mitch Cook (mrcook32 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1596053-All-Skate--Webisode-Ten