*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1596900-Dark-Ink
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1596900
A Tattoo or is it?
word count 198

“The last thing I remember about the party was the view of the carpet. Honestly Officer, I didn’t see anything.”

“Ok, you are free to go, but don’t even think about leaving town.”

Walking into my apartment, all I could think of was a shower. As I stripped off my clothes, I noticed something red on my shoulder blade. I turned to get a better view in the mirror. I had a tattoo of a red and green demon ripping his way out of my skin. A demented smile graced the lipless face.

Fear ripped through me as flashes of memories danced in my mind, of the sounds of screams as flesh was torn and bones broken. All while I lay on the floor to drunk to move. The party had ended abruptly when my tattoo was complete.

The sensation came again as it had then. Now though, I was without the numbing effects of the alcohol, felt it rip free and saw it standing next to me.

When I turned to look in the mirror at my tattoo, it was gone and all I heard was maniacal laughter as the door to my apartment s l a m m e d closed.


Was written for a contest with a word count, and It was not meant to be any type of statement. Obviously it was not really a tatoo. I personally have no problem with tatoo's or body art. I believe it is up to the person how they wish to be perceived by others and what they themselves like.
© Copyright 2009 rjsimonson (rjsimonson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1596900-Dark-Ink