*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1597466-THE-ADDICTION-IN-ME
Rated: E · Short Story · Personal · #1597466
Displaying the truths of the addiction in reading/writing/reviewing on WDC.

"THE ADDICTION IN ME"

Some time ago about 5-6 yrs. my wife an avid reader and loves to write also came upon this website and shortly became hooked, line and sinker, The hole nine yards. Spending a great deal of her time devoted to her writing and reviewing others works.

She to me is the greatest.

She wanted to have just one of her stories become good enough to be in print, so she continued. Along the way she became quite good friends with many authors. Spending many hours sometimes up to 16-20 a day just to satisfy that need. Yes home life suffered a little but the rewards were intentionally all worth it.

Well One such good friend an author/writer on WDC had about the same desires as my wife and thus they began to start their own publishing Company. Sound exhilarating? Just what the doctor ordered, and the outcome was more than satisfying, it was to be the best thing my wife could have ever achieved.

To provide a service for those that loved to write and wanted their works published that otherwise could not afford to do so through your well known publishers. The cost were tremendous. Here she and her new WDC friend could provide an affordable service to so many and give good solid constructive reviews, so onward they went, thus creating their very own publishing company.

My wife being so knowledgeable and intelligent she was the master web designer, chief editor, amongst other titles and she was great at what she did. This was satisfying all the needs and desires she had when writing and reviewing on WDC. Yes it took her away some what from WDC but still providing a service to those on WDC. She got me, her husband hooked on WDC three yrs. ago and then about two yrs. later I too was involved in her publishing company as a proof reader/editor and author. The both of us wrote and published an e-book together. We were hooked to that very same but very real addiction of reading/writing/editing that you talk about.

Then one unforgettable day a tragedy struck the greatest most enjoyable feeling my wife ever had and all that she had obtained from this addiction was lost, gone for ever and it broke her desires all in one moment of time. Quicker and knife stabbing than it took to get there from the beginning. Her so called WDC friend had befriended her from the start and thus took my wife and myself for a long ride only for self gain. It all came crashing down and now everything is gone.

You see, WDC is addictive but like anything you do on the internet you must be very cautious and who you do this with. I am by no means blaming WDC, they had no part in the outcome. This is a great site and if used wisely it can benefit all. It's people in general that create this environment to become so wrapped up in their desires that the addiction becomes so real you forget about reality and thus become addictive. It is you, I, us, them that can lose out if one becomes unaware of their own addiction.

now it is over and she is back to reading/reviewing on WDC where it all started, but this time around the awareness and cautiousness are more intent then ever before.

Is WDC addictive? The answer to this is yet to be known . . . . . .

Good luck, and watch out for the addict on WDC.


Continue with the great work,
Your WDC Brother, Dave...

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2009 LuckyBoy (dad729 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1597466-THE-ADDICTION-IN-ME