*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1598063-A-Deepened-Hunger--A-Vampires-Journal
Rated: 18+ · Novella · Romance/Love · #1598063
A Deepened Hunger published in 2009! See how it began in Lucian Monroe's personal journal
Every Sunday evening~ once darkness covers the earth a page from Lucian's journal will be posted


A Deepened Hunger will introduce you to Lucian Monroe~ a 400-year old vampire. Read his personal journal and see how it all began…



September ~ 1608

Deep beneath the earth, I sensed darkness had returned. Once more a burning pain tearing apart my soul—a hunger I feared never to quench. Suddenly she was there… the one with ebony eyes… the one who cursed me. I fought and fought. Yet she had the power of ten knights and drew my lips over the open wound. A drop of crimson liquid coated my tongue. A yearning feeling filled me… for I could not resist. The liquid was a drug—the elixir—that eased my pain—gave me strength. Her gentle voice invaded my thoughts. Telling me not to fear what I’d become. For it was necessary to protect mankind. For the evils of this world were upon us. For on this forth night I fully understood her words…

The beauty with ebony eyes turned me into one of the undead—turned me into a creature of the night. The earl of a respected family was now vampire.

Lucian Monroe~





December~ 1608

As darkness covered the earth, I awoke. A burning need claimed my soul to nourish my corpse—to ease the hunger within. Reminding me… I am ‘undead’. With a single thought, I hovered above the city. My creator—smiling, pleased I mastered the transformation from mist into human form. Taking my hand we hunted as one. The ebony eyed beauty~ Kara… a vampire since the time of pharaohs. As we approached the square, I began to salivate. For the smell of human blood was intoxicating as it pumped through their veins.

Piercing my thoughts Kara whispered, “Take control of her mind. Call the young lady to you Lucian. Mask reality and feed—but do not drain her! Remember what I taught you… we do not kill to survive. For there is no need.”

I felt my teeth lengthen. Drawing in a breath I wrapped the woman in my arms, easing her fear with a calming kiss. My hunger intensified and I sank my fangs deep into her flesh. As the warm liquid coated my throat, the burning with-in began to subside. Fighting my inner self to calm the beast, I took only what I needed. I then closed the wound with my healing tongue. Sensing Kara’s approval—for I did not disappoint her. Once our hunger was satisfied, we strolled beneath the moonlit sky. Again I asked why she had chosen me, why not another. For I was an earl from birth, my father’s first born. And this existence would dishonor the Monroe name—my country. The vampire glanced up at me with sorrow filled eyes. I sensed her thoughts and cursed. The sorrow within was not for turning me into one of the undead—but for all of mankind…

I rest in this darkened crypt—waiting for the sleep of the dead to claim me—yet again. For I yearn to visit—Monroe Castle. Yearn for my mother’s smile, my sister’s laughter. For two full moons have passed over the earth since my last calling. Since the night, I was made vampire.

Damn you! To the devil Kara! For you had no right… my loyalty lies with England and my family. And by God I shall find a way to live amongst them as the creature you turned me into…

Lucian Monroe~

visit my website: www.daberryauthor.com







A Deepened Hunger~ On sale at www.amazon.com





D.A. Berry, author is the sole owner of this material. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.

Enjoy reading a good book on a quiet afternoon…

Become lost in the world of the unknown?

Where vampires hide in the shadows…

Read my new novel A Deepened Hunger~

visit my website: www.daberryauthor.com

A Deepened Hunger~ on sale @ www.amazon.com







© Copyright 2009 DABerryauthor (daberry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1598063-A-Deepened-Hunger--A-Vampires-Journal