*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1598242-Story-Ideas
Rated: E · Other · Sci-fi · #1598242
Some of my ideas, which I haven't written yet, can be found here.
MURDER BY MUSIC--A techno-suspense thriller.
Four strangers become trapped inside an iPod digital music player. The only way out is to attend concerts by each of the artists in the list--all 100 of them! But time is not on their side. The owner of the device has lost the charger, and the battery power is slowly winding down. And when the music dies...they die!
Also, there is an anti-virus program installed on the device that has identified them as a threat, and is targeting them for annihilation!

THE SEEDS OF RESURRECTION--Death is an illusion...just don't tell Heaven!
A group of high school and college students, and their parents, teachers and other people from their community are killed in an accident while on a field trip. After calming down from the rage which burns in them over the unfairness of being taken so young, they conspire to steal what they discover and believe to be the secrets of reincarnation and the afterlife from the Heavens!

MIDNIGHT STRIKE
A man must get the President to issue a pardon against his wife's killer--due to be executed within 24 hours--for he is the only match for the man's daughter, who needs a transfusion to keep from dying from a devastating disease!

THE LONGEST SEASON--Romeo and Juliet meet The California Gold Rush.
A young man and woman come of age in the Summer of 1849 in rural Northern California, while their families fight over the discovery of a gold mine!

UNWELCOME ANGEL--How do you know who you really are?
Two average teenage girls are out on a shopping trip to the local mall one typical, bright Summer day. They get into a horrific accident. One girl is plunged into a deep coma, while the other is stricken with unfathomably severe amnesia; she recalls almost nothing about the world she once knew. Doctors are giving both families a poor prognosis for a full recovery for their children. They say, despite their best efforts, nothing can be done except praying.
Then, one day, an astonishing announcement is made. The girls are eligible to be the first to take advantage of a medical breakthrough the world has never seen before. Scientists are going to take the mind and spirit of the girl who is in a coma and transfer it into the one with amnesia. Then they will "pull the plug" on the first one and let the body die in peace. That way, both families will have at least some measure of a child back in their lives.
Then, something miraculous begins happening. The youngster who previously could remember nothing starts remembering--everything. She notices who she is again...she notices her family...she notices her town is familiar...
And she notices something else, too. She feels the presence of her dead friend inside her. She wants to live, too...and she will stop at nothing to accomplish this goal!

FORGET-ME-NOT
One of the world's biggest young celebrities is tragically killed in an accident. She comes back from the other side and begins wreaking havoc across the globe as payback for everyone going about their daily lives and forgetting her so quickly!

RIDE THE LIGHTNING
A young man, struck by a lightning bolt, discovers he can travel forward and backward in time, which he uses to set right the injustices in his life!

DEADLY TOUCH--A meteor hits the Earth...and suddenly everyone is turning into Superman!
A meteorite has crashed into the Earth in a small, Northern California town. One young man is brave enough to touch it; his skin comes in contact with a substance seeping from the rock. Soon after, he discoveres a new power: he can turn invisible. His girlfriend, too, finds that she has acquired a new ability: she is a shape-shifter, able to transform into anything or anyone at will. She discovers this after a random meeting with him ends not with a kiss goodbye, but with a simple brush of her hand against his.
Following this, everyone these two individuals touch, even for an instant, soon find themselves the recipient of some newfound power: some can fly, a few can start fires, etc. It is different for each person. Because we are social animals with the ability to communicate on a global scale through skin-to-skin contact, it becomes clear that governments around the world don't know what to make of this new wrinkle in evolution. But what is clear is that a new type of society must be formed.
Before too long, many people from all parts of the globe are reporting their uniqueness. But this ride will not last for long.
Anyone who has not touched another within 24 hours faces their demise. It is soon fathomed by scientists that we have been infected by a virus that needs to copy itself to a new host in order to survive. However, time is quickly running out to find someone new. There are only so many people on the Earth, and it has been reasoned that only 30 days may remain before the human race dies out!
They also reason that the copies of the virus are linked to the original. If it dies, all the others below it will die with it, like links in a chain. So a worldwide search has begun for that one young man who started it all. They wish to beg him to be a martyr and give his life in order to save the world.
Easier said than done, for just before the meteor hit, he accidentally shot and killed the President of the United States. He is the world's most wanted international fugitive...and he is on the run!

THE GRAND ESCAPE
A young man and woman have been framed for a heinous crime. In order to escape prosecution, they have decided to take advantage of an astounding new technology. With the aid of a device, they are literally going to enter the world encompassing their dreams. They have left behind instructions for the machine to be destroyed afterwards, so they cannot be captured. But they know, also, that they can never come back!

ERUPTION--The greatest force in the universe is about to explode...all over your heart!
Many centures ago, in a distant galaxy, there ived an alien civilization, who used to be just like us...in terms of the way they view love. Passion was a one-night affair, relationships started to break down, divorces became rampant, etc. Soon reproduction was nothing more than a means to continue the species. They derived no pleasure from the attachment to another person.
Generations later, the population began to notice that something was clearly missing from their lives. They couldn't figure out what was wrong, they just didn't feel right. And so they jumped in their ships and began a quest through the universe to look for it. One day they stumbled upon a small, green planet called Earth; a world inhabited by beings they discover are extremely free with something called love and emotion.
They want to learn from us what all the fuss is about, and when we show them--because it has been lying dormant within all this time, due to the fact that they have not used it for so long--it comes out with an explosive force that consumes everyone's existence: body, mind, heart and soul!

© Copyright 2009 redwoodempire (redwoodempire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1598242-Story-Ideas