*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1598699-Tantlus
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1598699
Death!!!!!
Tantalus


I am hungry for food. I am starving. My throat is dry. I feel like… what’s his name?… Tantalus. From Greek myths. A bag of carrots, shining in there glory in front of me. A gallon of water behind me. My leg is chained to the ground, and I cant get close to either. All I have are my clothes and a saw on the ground nearby. I tie them together, and try to reach the food and water to no avail.

A single light hangs high above my head. The walls are black, and no sign of a crack anywhere. I lay back, hoping my family will notice I am gone. I think for a few minutes before getting a thought. I grab the saw and attempt to cut my chain. I stop after a minute because I wanted not to hunger.

I lay back again, waiting for rescue. I did not hear a noise for an hour, then time started passing so slow. I felt as if I was going to die every second, as well as having a eerie feeling of being watched. I think about my life, everyone involved in it. I curse some, forgive others. It is the saddest thing ever. All the why, my hunger brews.

I scream, I curse, I yell, I swear to God I will kill him. Hallucinations of people in my room, beating me, come in to my weak mind. A mind deprived of nutrients. Why does he hate me? What did I do?

My throat is dry like sand paper. I beg him to stop it, save me! No response. I want to murder him. Curse him. Spit on him. Why why why WHY!!! I CANT STAND IT! I NEED TO EAT!!!!!!!!!

I hate anyone that has food and drink. There alive. They are full! WHY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear a creak above me. I scream for help, causing a huge head ache. Then a trap door open, dropping a dead body into the reach of me. I yell for help, but I have no voice to say anything. It closes quickly.

The body lays there. I can smell it. I am so hungry. I must eat. So hungry. My food is in reach. I stare into its glassy eyes. I cant image it a human, equal to myself. I pick up its dead and clamy arm. I open my jaw. I bite. The flesh is chewy and slippery. I chew its disgusting taste quickly, then swallow. It leaves a horrible after taste, and equal to eating cardboard imbued with gas that makes you puke. I puke up the small morsel of food all over the place. It tasted worse on the way up. Lay back, never wanting to look at another dead body again. My mind begins to lose thoughts. All I know is that a thing came from a corner, a angel with a flaming blade in his hand. A evil look lies on its face. GOD COME TO PUNISH!!!!! I should of never said what I did. I am so evil! Forgive me lord, for I have sinned! FORGIVE ME!!! It comes closer. I should not of taken the bite out of its arm. I will now pay. I will now die. I close my eyes, ready for the blade to chop of my sinning head. Nothing happens. I open my eyes. Nothing. He Angel is gone. God forgave!

Now I knew what I had to do. I removed my shirt and wrapped around my leg. I grabbed the saw. I readied my self for this. I put the cold saw against my own flesh, and began cutting. I cut, moving in a back and forth direction. I screamed loudly as I broke into the bone layer and against the white calcium. It takes longer to cut. It hurts more.

I am finished cutting now. I am ready to go. I bid the body a due and apologized for biting it. I can feel my body getting colder. I see a puddle of red under my severed stump. Then I crawl to the carrots. I rip open the bag, sending them flying around the room, the prison. I grab the closest 3 and pop them into my mouth. They taste so good! Pure ecstasy. That’s when the light flicks out. The room becomes a black hole. I feel like I am on the end of Loony Tunes episode, with the pig. The pig and its last words.

“THAT’S ALL FOLKS!”
© Copyright 2009 Josh M. Cregger (carve at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1598699-Tantlus