*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1600375-All-About-Me
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Biographical · #1600375
This is an essay that I had to write for school. It explains but makes me me.
I may not be the most interesting or outgoing person at North Fort Myers High, but that doesn’t mean I’m a bore to be around. I enjoy going to movies, hanging out with friends, joking around, ect. Not many people would know this by looking at me. That is because I, Heather Zutten, am a busy-bee. I take all my school work seriously and complete it to perfection. I’m not trying to seem concerted; I just want to guarantee myself a bright future. I believe that you only have one chance to make a first good impression, so I always try my best to do just that. From the moment I was born on October 16, 1994, I think that was my philosophy.
I’m really close to my family. I can tell them anything and they’ll listen. I can be happy, depressed, or angry, and they’ll still lend an ear. Like in most American Families, my parents are divorced. My mother, Victoria, was devastated when this happened, but she knew it was for the best. My dad, Michael, was messing up her life. He spent money that we didn’t have and was always out drinking. The only wonderful thing that he provided her with was my two sisters and me. Candace is the oldest, being 17. She is an amazing artist! She claims her artwork is horrible, but that isn’t true. If it was, why would people pay her $100 to paint huge ceiling tiles? My other sister looks exactly like me and her name is Tiffany. We are identical twins, me being older by five while minutes. Sometimes it gets annoying always being with her since I want to be my own person, which she doesn’t understand. Most of the time, I enjoy having her around though. I don’t like to admit it, but she is like my other half and I don’t know what I’d do without her.
Originally, I’m from Illinois. In my opinion, it is a better state to live in than Florida. There it snows, it is never extremely hot, and there are no hurricanes, Oh, and we can’t forget the fact that it’s not over populated with old, retired people like Florida is. The only reason we moved here was because my mom wanted to be closer to her family. I guess it wasn’t that bad of a choice, seeing as I was able to attend some fabulous schools. Fro pre-k, I was in a portable at Caloosa because the building was still getting built. After that, we moved back to Illinois for two years and I went to Crete Elementary. Then somehow I ended up back in Florida at Tropic Isles. I’m glad I only went thee for a year because the hallways smelt like bologna. Ew! For the next six years, I was a proud Caloosa cougar again. I didn’t really enough Caloosa Elementary because we were forced to wear hideous uniforms. Caloosa Middle was much better since I had more freedom. I had the same teachers all three years since I was on the Dragon Gifted team. They were the best! With their help, I was able to maintain a 4.0 GPA for three years. It was an honor to receive the Dragon Award before transferring to high school. Now, I’m attending North High and I plan on making the teachers there proud.
I would have to say the one event in my life that has had the most impact on me is having so many pets. Currently, I own two dogs, seven cats, and nine parakeets. People may say my house is a zoo, but I don’t care. I love my pets dearly and they are my family. Though they don’t talk, I learn many things from them. Responsibility is the main one. I also learned about reproduction because one of our cats gave birth to four kittens and my parakeets are laying eggs like crazy. I would have never guessed that my animals were full of so many surprises.
I’ve been through a lot in my life; some events were fabulous while others were terrible. I’m glad I experienced them though. They made me realize that I’m lucky to live the life I live. Yeah, I’m not rich or famous, but I have a home, food to eat, and a family that loves me. My life is pretty amazing and I want to show people that theirs are too. A little push in the right direction and they’ll be on their way.
© Copyright 2009 heather (haz12323 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1600375-All-About-Me