*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1600589-Death-The-Last-HurrahOr-Not
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Prose · Death · #1600589
The end of ones time.......Wake & and absolution
"Turn Out The Lights.....The Party's Over".....Or is it? Have You ever wondered why We send off Our "Loved One" Our "Dearly Departed"  With so much "Pomp & Circumstance"? I don't know. Could it happen to be that we're just happy that they didn't decide to take one of Us with 'em (I believe they call that a murder suicide). C'mon now Man, We give 'em a wake in order to celebrate their life. For us to reminisce and tell stories about the Dearly Departed that alot of Us didn't now about Him. See with him gone now We can let it all hang out! Hey, It ain't like He's gonna come back and "Haunt" Us, is it?

Perhaps one of You all know of someone who has had a near death experience. What I know about these Miraculous Events is not alot! Some folks say they have had this happen to them. They will leave their body and kinda float about the room looking down upon their own lifeless body and the Doctors & Nurses tryin' to revive 'em. Creepy ain't it? Also, there are people that said they were pronounced dead, and came back. They tell of seeing this Brilliant Light shining on them from the other end of a long tunnel. That the closer the light gets the brighter it gets! As they draw nearer to it they can begin to see things. They notice a long line of folks snaking back to where they themselves are standing. As they drew closer still One could see that the light was mounted on top of a small out building. It actually began to look like a guard shack of some kind! There was a gate there and being close enough now one could read the sign painted on the front of the small shack.....It read "Welcome to the Gates of Heaven", Please have Your Papers in Order.

Still getting closer by the minute (the line seemed to be moving quite easily along) the people up close could see a Man dressed in a White Robe & having pure white hair and long white whiskers. He was holding a clipboard and Sporting a Pair of Snow white Wings! This had to be, no question about it  Saint Peter Himself!!! As one got ever closer They could see a Man trying to hand Peter bundles of cold hard cash. With indifference to the Man, Peter points to & reads another sign "Sayeth the Lord, That it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the "Kingdom of God". Your money is no good to You here. You would stand a better chance in buying a get outta Hell Free card from Satan Himself. But I don't see that happening neither.Smiling Peter hands the Man back his papers. And gives the man a To-Do list and sends Him on his way. As the Man begins to disappear into the clouds Peter hollars after him. Take care of the things on that list....& then c'mon back & see me again. With that the man awoke lying in his hospital bed. The nurse smiled down at the Man and asked "The Lord not quite done with You yet Huh?
© Copyright 2009 Brother Pool (cuznpool at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1600589-Death-The-Last-HurrahOr-Not