*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1600713-A-Passage-to-a-New-World
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1600713
a tale about a girl with powers she never new she had, and a quest.
this is the story of a little girl on her 10th birthday she got the best gift ever the gift of magic......

A passage to a new world
Chapter 1
A little boy was walking in a room that was covered in ice. Yet he besides the fact that he was only wearing a t-shirt and a battered pair of jeans was not cold, but determined to find something. He darted between stacks of boxes shifting them and looking underneath them,he knew it was here! Why couldn't he find it? He darted around another stack of boxes, he looked right, then left and he saw it just sitting there. He dashed forward. He was just about to grab it when “Hannah!” yelled her mother. “Get dressed and come down here ok”. “ok” murmured Hannah back. Hannah rolled over and looked at the outside thermometer. 32.5 degrees. Great. And on her birthday too, November 15th . Always the best day of the year every year. Hannah got up and crossed the room to her closet, pulled out her thickest pair of jeans, a t-shirt, her cashmere sweater, her black beanie, a pair of socks and her boots. She got dressed and walked sleepily down the stairs, still thinking of what she could have watched or done to have had a dream like that. But what She didn't know was that what she just saw was no ordinary dream. In fact, it wasn't a dream at all. Hannah reached the bottom of the stairs and headed for the kitchen. She could smell pancakes, Hannah's favorite thing to have for breakfast ever. Hot pancakes with powdered sugar. She pushed open the swinging door and saw her mom standing over the griddle making pancakes. Hannah twirled around the kitchen to her mom.”Thank you,” She said to her mom. “Your welcome sweetheart. Now sit down, the first batch is ready.” “ok,” said Hannah she slid into a chair and saw the bag of powdered sugar. Her mom slipped four pancakes onto her plate and said she would get a spoon for the sugar. She returned a second later with a cup of milk and a spoon. “Thanks,” Hannah said again, and as soon as her mom went back to make more pancakes Hannah started to pile on tons of powdered sugar. Unfortunately, her dad chose to walk in right at that moment. Hannah! Sorry dad Hannah murmured scraping some of the powdered sugar behind the pancakes so her dad wouldn't see it. Hey mom can I put some chocolate syrup in this milk? Asked Hannah. Sure honey said her mom back. Hannah started to get up from her seat but her mom was already coming back from the fridge with the chocolate syrup. Mom I was going to get it! Well I got it for you didn't I? Said her mom she set the chocolate syrup down and Hannah picked it up and poured a large amount of the bottle into her cup stirred it up with the spoon from the sugar, and was not surprised to see that it was almost black. Hannah really! I know it's your birthday but I don't want you to go into sugar shock! said her dad “k” dad said Hannah grinning. Lilly do we have any more pancakes? Yes dear there by the sink I've just finished making them. Honey said Hannah's mother turning to her finish those pancakes and you'll get to see your cake. Then we'll get your present alright? “ok” said Hannah and her mom walked out of the room. Hannah scarfed down the rest of her pancakes and went off to find out where her mom had gone. It turned out her mom was in her room getting ready to go get Hannah's present, a digital watch, Hannah had wanted one ever since her father had gotten one with an alarm, so he could get to work on time. Hannah had found the one she wanted at walmart a week ago she just hoped it wasn't out of stock. Since her birthday was so close to Christmas, all the early Christmas shoppers got all the good presents. Just then her mother came out of her room, ready to go? She asked yep I've been ready for a while now Hannah replied. Alright alright cake time! Yay clapped Hannah as she and her mom headed back down the stairs. So where is the cake? I didn't see it when I was eating! That's because its in the fridge said her mom. Ohhhhhhh ok that makes sense said Hannah smiling. Her mom pushed open the kitchen door and walked in. the next thing Hannah heard was TYLER EVANS WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!! Hannah stepped into the kitchen after her mom and saw why her mother had yelled. Her dad was sitting at the table eating a stack of six pancakes that were covered in powdered sugar, chocolate chips and whipped cream. What? He asked. I'm eating breakfast! You know exactly what Tyler! Am I gonna get to see my cake or not? Asked Hannah anxiously. Oh yeah sorry honey I forgot. Sit down I'll get it, and with a last glare she turned and walked over to the fridge, she came back a second later with a double decker chocolate cake that said “happy birthday Hannah and Claire” oh I forgot to bring Claire down shouldn't I go get her? No we'll bring the guinea pig down tonight when we light the candles said Hannah's mom. Fine but she's not “the guinea pig” can't you call her Claire?
© Copyright 2009 blueflame (harrypotter13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1600713-A-Passage-to-a-New-World