*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1600808-Picture-Day
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1600808
This is a short story/essay about my picture day attire.
    'I awoke on Thursday, September 10th at 5:00 A.M. with a smile on my face. Surprisingly, I wasn`t tired or lethargic. Rather, I was energetic and optimisitc because today was a very special day. I ate my breakfast quickly and walked to my room. I stopped at the doorway and smiled at the outfit hanging on the doorknob. Then, I proceeded to change. I stared at myself in the mirror. I silently thanked my prinicpal for letting us wear regular clothes instead of our usual uniform on this special occasion.

    I donned a light purple shirt with the same color skirt, though the skirt had beautiful hot pink and maroon plaid undertones. I was satisfied with my outfit; I thought it described me, in a way.

    The outfit was simplistic, though at the same time it posessed a somewhat intruiging quality, as though there was more to it than it seemed. It was sweet and sublime; but it also had a uniqueness that drew some attention to it.

    For once I was comfortable with my appearance. I had put a lot of thought into what to wear, and spent a lot of time putting it together, and I knew that my hard work had paid off.

    I spent a few minutes straightening my hair. I couldn`t really think of anything else to do with it. Besides, I htought that the simplicity of the hair style would match that of the outfit.

    Additonally I spent several minutes doing my makeup. I picked a purple shade of eyeshadow that brought out the color of my attire, and put on some light lipgloss that`s shimmer accented the 'M' shape of my lips.

    I looked at myself once more. Although I was a bit worried of what people would think, I myself thought that I looked nice.

    It was going to be a wonderful picture day.'
© Copyright 2009 shygirl914 (shygirl914 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1600808-Picture-Day