*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1601385-Dash-of-cyanide
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1601385
Mother (Helen) can't handle raising her ADD daughter (Trina) any longer, so.....
Note: In the year 2026, hard to get poisons, such as cyanide, are now legally prescribed by doctors to treat a number of illnesses, such as AIDS or cancer. It has also been reported that cyanide is now safe to be placed in food and drink, but only in small doses. Anything above 5 milligrams, and well......



July 10, 2026, (4:30 PM)


Dear Diary,


Ever since the day my daughter, Trina, was diagnosed with ADD, my life, my perfect and happy life, came to a shattered halt. I couldn't imagine my sweet daughter, my straight-A daughter, being crippled by this disease that not only ruined my life, but her own.

At first I tried to handle it. I took Trina to therapy, gave her the correct dosage of medication, and made sure she didn't set the house on fire or attack guests when they came to visit. Everything was fine, for a while, but then Trina started to sap the life out me. I could no longer go out to dinner or socialize with my friends anymore, as I had to look after Trina.


Trina, Trina, Trina. My whole fucking life revolved around Trina.


But not anymore. Today is Trina's birthday, and I'm gonna put an end to this mess. I'm going to get my life back, even if it involves Trina dying. Now let me see... where did I put that cake recipe.....


Cake recipe for Trina's Bday:


    * 1/2 c. butter
    * 1 c. sugar
    * 1 tsp. vanilla
    * 2 eggs
    * 1 1/4 c. flour
    * 1 tsp. baking powder
    * 1 tsp. cyanide


***


July 11, 2026, (6:30 AM)


Dear Diary,


I watched her die. At first, a mild headache began to set in, and she told me it was difficult to breathe. The next thing I knew, she was running past me, to the bathroom, where she choked up all the previous afternoon's cake, pie, and ice cream. Then she began to convulse, her head bashing the cool tile floor, blood and tile shards splattering the walls and my chest. Her teeth shredded her tongue into a mushy, pink soup in her mouth, which ran down her cheeks, stained her hair; I watched in silence.


After a while she stopped moving. Her blood-stained body lay on the tile floor, the heavy stench of death beginning to waft in the air. Now I had to get rid of the body.


***


It took a while, but I did it. I buried Trina under the porch in the backyard, dug the grave real deep, and then splashed a gallon of bleach on top of her grave. Then I went back inside and cleaned up the blood  in the bathroom and in the kitchen, then took a long, scalding shower. I washed my soiled clothes and then burned them in the fireplace to hide any evidence; I poured the rest of the cyanide in the gutter.



I was so nervous. So scared of being caught. But deep inside was the slightest feeling of....excitement. You know how they say killing someone changes a person? Well, it does, believe you me,


It truly does.


....Now all I have to do is make sure no one gets wind of my sinful deed.


June 13, 2026


Dear Diary,



It's been 2 days since I've killed Trina. People are beginning to ask questions that I can't answer. Wherever I go, people give me dirty looks. Trina's teachers and doctors are calling, asking why Trina isn't showing up. Shit, I'm losing control......I don't know what to do know, I don't even know where to start....



June 15, 2026


Dear Diary,



The police are here!


Shit, I thought I had more time! How did they find out? Was it one of the neighbors? Or was it just n


Oh, God, I'm sorry, Trina. I should have gotten help, but I didn't and now look,


Look at me!!!!



What to do, what to do......the shotgun. Under the bed. Yes, that's it,hahaha! I'll finish it now......right now.


I'm sorry, Trina! Soon, baby, we'll be together! We'll be togeth-...........................

---


June 16, 2026


New York Times front page:

Local women kills daughter and then commits suicide shortly after.


**A local women by the name of Helen was found dead in her bedroom on June 15, 2026. Reports confirmed that Helen was the mother of a young girl named Trina, who had attention deficit disorder, or ADD. Neighbors and relatives all agree that Helen was having problems taking care of her child, yet refused help from doctors, friends, and from the community.


Trina was found buried underneath the back porch of her home two days after her mother's death. Autopsy report confirms that she was poisoned with cyanide, which appeared to be ingested orally.


Trina was only 7 years old.


**New York Times -- June 16, 2026**
© Copyright 2009 Tempest Soul (tempestsoul141 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1601385-Dash-of-cyanide