*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1601770-Rain-Dance
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Supernatural · #1601770
Dancing in the rain at night - for that special person in my life.
Rain Dance


Last night I danced in the warm, summer rain. There was nothing between the rain and me; only the wet, wooden porch floor beneath my feet. I raised my head to watch the lightning in the dark sky. With the raindrops falling into my eyes, I used my hands like a shelter so I could keep them open to watch the magnificent lighted display in the distant sky, somewhat frightening, but so beautiful. My hands open and arms raised high towards the sky, I welcomed the wetness on my body as if it were silk. As I told him about my rain dance he stated, "People don't normally do that." "Egyptians may do that, but not normal people." I replied simply, "I know."

Moon Dance


If he looks up at the moon tonight, he may be able to see the reflection of my wet body in the warm, silky rain. He can imagine his hands as they rub the silkiness over my waist, my hips, my shoulders, my arms, and my breasts. If he lets his imagination take over, I know he'll make love to me on the porch in the rain this dark night. My passion for him cries out and I feel the heat inside me increase so now there is steam coming off my body in the rain, thinking how gloriously passionate our long awaited union will be.

Our Dance

In the reflection of the moon, his eyes meet mine in the dark, sparkling with warm excitement and anticipation of the dance. As long as we've waited for this moment, there is still a bit of hesitancy, but only for the length of time it takes for a hummingbird to sip sweet red nectar just once. As our lips touch, the sweet nectar of our mouths unites and we begin our dance. I feel my body weakening under his bewitching spell that invades my yearning soul. How long I've waited for this moment. He too, has longed for the two of us to become one and begin this journey, our dance. Our dance, held only in our hearts for years, begins with the melodic sounds of night and the rhythm of the rain which guide our bodies into flowing, perfect, rhythmic, harmony. Such bliss, just as we've always dreamt of our dance.

Thunder Dance


Awakened by the clap of thunder in the early morning darkness, and lightning bolts shooting across the sky, I realize I was dreaming. He, so many miles away, is stirred in his sleep and he smiles, thinking of me in the rain. We danced. I smile. He smiles. Our bodies somehow danced during the night, with many miles between us, but still, we danced.
© Copyright 2009 Vicki Lynne (taznatic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1601770-Rain-Dance