*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1602553-If-Everyone-Were-Blind
Rated: E · Other · Community · #1602553
about all the predjudices and lables people make..
Do you "people watch" when you are out at the mall, driving in your car, or some other place you go?
Do you find yourself telling a perfect strangers life story, when you have never even heard their voice much less know the first thing about their lives.
Have you ever wanted to speak to someone but chose not to based on their physical appearance? (ie. skin color, style of clothing, length of hair, etc.)
I have done these things a time or two and I am sure 95% of the rest of the people in the world have as well. Sometimes we do it without even thinking about it and other times our judgements are very thought through.
I know that I have been judged, categorized, and labled as, on more than one occasion, a "bad girl," "uneducated low life" or "trouble maker" just because of the way I wear my clothing. I am a very petite woman and have never weighed more than 95 pounds, therefore, I have been accused of being a drug addict for most of my adult life. (I have not done drugs since I was a teenager)
On the other hand, I have been judged, categorized, and labled as a wealthy, trustworthy, caring, and selfless woman by the same exact people that degraded me.
My point is, the people we are really hurting by all of the judgements are ourselves. That person could have been the one that had been hurt the same way as you and could have helped you get your life back. Maybe they were the one that was going to save your life one day. Your whole life could have been changed if only you gave someone a chance instead of passing judgements.
If we were all blind, do you think everyone would be treated equally? If we could no longer see the color of his or her skin, would he or she be our best friend? If we were unable to see the holes and stains in their clothes, the color of their hair, or the car they were driving, would they be the person we fell in-love with?
If we were all blind for a day, maybe there would be a lot less hate, anger, and violence in the world.
© Copyright 2009 LisaMaria (lisamaria29 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1602553-If-Everyone-Were-Blind