*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1603863-10-New-Ways-to-Rid-of-Annoying-People
Rated: ASR · Article · Comedy · #1603863
If you liked the first 10 reasons, you should enjoy these additional techniques.
So that annoying neighbor, colleague, relative or acquaintance does not get the hint that they are driving you crazy? The simple solution is to be direct, honest and politely ask them to leave you alone, but where is the fun in that? Use any or all of these techniques to your advantage during your next encounter. Your annoying acquaintance will most likely think you are crazy, leave you alone and tell all of his/her annoying buddies to steer clear. It's a win-win all the way around the horn.
In my experience here is the best way to approach the situation. The next time, "Bob" comes up to you and says, "Have you heard about my cat's eye infection? You better sit down for this." or "So are you going to get serious about buying some life insurance from me?" just reply:

Hey Bob:

1. Don't you think the government should reclaim Indian reservations from the Native Americans? We could use the gaming revenues from their casinos. These folks have had an easy ride for too long, the party's over. Let's call our state representative right now, I'll tell her you're in favor of this movement too. How do you spell your last name again?

2. Bob, I'm collecting money for a new charity I just started. It's an Anti-Arson Fund. It helps recovering arsonists like myself suppress their urges. In completely unrelated news, if you are having a hard time selling your house, I can make that problem disappear for a small fee. Oops, there I go again. Why am I so fascinated with fire? (twitching helps to really helps in making this one convincing)

3. Bring up the movie "Brewster's Millions" as a response to any question he/she asks. Example, "So, can you watch my cat this weekend and put in her eye drops 6 times a day?" Response, "Do you think Brewster still has any of his millions left over? Brewster is the coolest guy ever. Brewster, Brewster, Brewster!"

4. Interrupt their question/comment by asking them a simple math question. "8 x 4?" Uh, 32, why did you say that? "Oh, I guess you're not as dumb as I thought." Repeat this process for as long as they are willing to tolerate.

5. Respond to any question that they ask with a quotation from an incorrect source. Oscar Wilde once said, "It aint over, till it's over." Does that answer your question? Increase your crazy factor by getting both the person and the quotation wrong. Winston Churchill once told the people of England, "Ask not what you can do for country, but what your country can do for you." Does that help you with your situation, Bob?

6. Argue that unemployment is high because people are simply lazy. Deny any recession and follow up with, "What are you going to tell me next, that the moon landing wasn't staged? You gullible fool!"

7. Speak in the narrative. "As Bob approached me, I couldn't help but hide my disappointment. Not only was he extremely annoying, but his breath smelled of week old Indian food."

8. Tell Bob that you have come down with a bad case of narcolepsy. Close your eyes and start snoring immediately.

9. Ask if Bob has any input on the fan letter you are preparing for Bernie Madoff. Explain that he needs our support now more than ever.

10. Openly proclaim that child support should be optional. Nobody has the right to tell me how to spend my money. If I don't live there any more, I am not responsible, right Bob?


© Copyright 2009 Guy Bellefonte (guyb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1603863-10-New-Ways-to-Rid-of-Annoying-People