*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1604764-Looking-From-a-Larger-Perspective
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Vanity
Rated: E · Article · Opinion · #1604764
Looking from a larger perspective, what is our value? Why do we exist?
I wonder why are we created? Or is there even a reson for our creation? We live for several years and throughout the days of our lives, we do things, we experience things, we think, we feel, we wonder....then, we die. What's our purpose? Just like an ant to a man, are we just small, weak, fragile creatures to someone bigger? Are we something unimportant, living without a purpose, with a definite end, with a known fate to someone supreme? Why are we able to think, to feel, to question our purpose, our existence? Why and how do we exist? A chemical reaction combining several elements together forming something out of chance? Was there something, or someone who created us? What is his reason for our creation?

    Looking from our own perspectives, we seem to be valuable, something big. We live in a world where our same form exist. We feel important because of the things created by our kind. We feel useful. That is, in our own perspectives. But looking at a larger perspective, are we really that great? Simply by looking from the top of the tallest building, everything would look so small, so fragile, so temporal.

    What if earth is actually a living being, with the seas, the mountains, and the atmosphere as its organs, since they remain the longest time? The buildings we create, the infrastructures, and all things man-made - the pollutants, the bacteria and viruses - sloly weakening the earth's body. And we, living creatures - human beings, are the cells, that live for a certain span of time, gets old and weak, and eventually die, only to be replaced by a new group of cells.

    What if it is viewed from am even larger prespective? The earth being the cell among the many cells in the universe. And the thing owning all of these cells is something unimaginably big, even bigger than the universe we now think of as the largest of all. And we, living creatures in the cell called earth, are so small, something in comparison to the cells we call now are not even atoms, but something even smaller and not yet discovered by man. Something actually invaluable, as compared to all other things in the universe, and even just in earth.

    And now, think back to why we exist? In this very large space, do we, the extremely small creatures, really have a purpose? Do accomplishing something, like say, owning a clothing company, or owning a mansion, having several cars, and gadgets, and being able to have anything you want, making people envy you or look up to you, do any of these really matter? Do they matter to the point that you will work you life out just to have them - when you are actually a cell in a being called "earth" or something equivalent to 1X10 to negative power of 200 of a one?

    Think and decide whether what you value is really something valuable and worth valuing, when you live here in the home you think you know so much about but is actually very unknown to you.
© Copyright 2009 Vanity (vanity003 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1604764-Looking-From-a-Larger-Perspective