*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1605246-Passing-notes
by Lena
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Young Adult · #1605246
What happens when the popular boy and the unpopular girl get locked in together? Find out.
Note 1: Spencer Upperton

Spencer. Many things could be said about him. He's a stoic person. No one could mistake his coldness for happiness. He sat in class. he second row from the back. He ran his right hand through his black bangs. His eyes color was so dark brown it looked black. His skin was normally pale. His good looks made him cool and a heart-throb. He never really liked girls. He never liked guys either. He never liked anyone. The whole human population was an annoyance to him.

He had an older brother, Issac. Issac looked a lot like Spencer but had longer hair. When Spencer was in middle school their relationship became very strained. Their parents' death made Spencer hate the world. This included his brother. Spencer seemed fond of his parents even though his father wasnt fond of Spencer. Mr. Upperton found Spencer as a disapointment. Spencer kept trying to please him though. Their mother was said to be a very perky and bubbly woman. Totally different from her sons.


Other than him being a total ass sometimes Spencer was a regular person. His favorite foods were rice and tomatoes. He was the football team receiver. He enjoyed reading and taking walks. He was rude though. Although he did have a best friend. Nick Aston. Nick and Spencer were rivals. They were also best friends. He was also good with his hands. Cooking was best for him. But he denied such a girly thing even though his cooking skills impressed girls even more. He gave it up. He was a fast runner and had great coordination. But you'd think he hates himself. He does. He blames himself for his now passed parents.

He had two girls who followed him around. Isabelle York and Stacey Hadley. Isabelle had light blonde hair and baby blue eyes. She had good grades and was almost flawless. Stacey on the other hand had many flaws. Stacey had poor grades and wasnt as pretty. She was also mean and a poser. Spencer had much hatred for Stacey. The way that she treated Nick was horrible. Nick loved her. Stacey ignored him.

"Spencer." Mr. Hawcourt, Their homeroom teacher, called. Spencer gave his attention to him. "What." Spencer asked. Though he made any question sound like a statement. "You have a new partner." Hawcourt said. "Why." Spencer wondered. "Your the only one without a partner. We have a new student. She will be your partner." Hawcourt said and turned to the blackboard. Spencer turned his head slowly to his right to see a petite girl. Her dark hair fell to the middel of her back. Her light blue eyes looked at him nervously. He looked at her with unmoving eyes. She blushed a little under his stare. Her hair framed her face nicely and her bangs went above her eyes. She was a beauty. She wore a lavender t-shirt and dark blue capree pants. "Okay class, You need to find out seven things about your partner while I read. Even if it takes all week. Just do it." Hawcourt sighed and leaned back in his chair. "What a lazy ass." Spencer deadpanned.

The fragile girl wrote Spencer's name at the top of her paper. "You aparently know my name." Spencer said. "Everyone knows your name." She said quietly. Spencer wasnt used to a quiet person. He sort of liked it. Spencer saw Stacey and Isabelle giving his partner dirty looks. "So what's your name." Spencer said and looked at her. "Hanna Harrison." She squeaked out. He wrote it at the top of his paper. He assumed she liked him like most of the other girls. Eventually in time he would find out he was totally wrong. "Your not much for interaction." Spencer noted rudely. "uhh...What's your favorite color Spencer?" She asked shyly. "Black." Spencer said bluntly. "Okay...Mine is lavender." Hanna said and wrote down notes on Spencer. He glanced at her paper. "-Cold, Blunt, Anti-social -Favorite color: black" was written down. His eyes twitched. "A...anti-social?" Spencer mumbled. "Gah! Sorry! I didn't intend for you to read that..." Hanna jumped a little. Spencer noticed her tremble a little. Was she really scared of him? Spencer glared at the floor coldly at the thought of someone being frightened of him.


An hour later the school day was at its end. They were still in Hawcourts classroom as everyone cleared out. A boy was talking to Hanna as she packed up. Spencer saw her laughing and talking with him in reply. Spencer shifted over to her. "Oh, Well I'm gonna go. Bye Hanna." The boy said and waved goodbye. Spencer watched the boy shut the door after he stepped through the doorway. Only Spencer and Hanna remained in the classroom. "S...Spencer...Excuse me." She said and brushed past him to the door. He noted she stuttered. He got lost in his thoughts when he heard her say..."Oh no...". "What is it." He asked. "The door...it wont..." She said nervously trying to pull the door open. Spencer walked to her quickly and tried to turn the knob. It didn't work. They were locked in.

"I'm sorry!" Hanna squeaked. "This isn't your fault." Spencer said. "What are we going to do?" Hanna asked, tears in her eyes. "Don't panic. I'll use my cell phone to call for help." Spencer sighed. He pulled his cell phone from his back pocket and began to dial a number. Beeping came from the phone. Spencer looked worried at that point. "W...what's wrong?" Hanna stuttered. "I have no service..." Spencer deadpanned.

~~~

Spencer was now on all fours on the classroom floor, Hanna standing on his back holding up the cell phone. "Can you get any bars?" Spencer groaned. "Not yet..." She strained her arm. "Ah! Spencer! You have service now." Hanna said and jumped down. Spencer quickly took the phone and pressed a speed dial button. "Issac, We're locked in a classroom at school. Yeah. A girl. Come get us. Now. Just hurry." Spencer said and hung up. "Issac?" Hanna wondered aloud. "My older brother." Spencer said. "Oh..." Hanna mumbled.

Eventually Hawcourt came to the classroom and opened the door. "Are you two alright?" Hawcourt asked. "Yeah, were fine." Spencer said coldly. Hanna ran out and Spencer went to the school lobby to see his brother. Issac began talking to Hanna. "What are you doing." Spencer said walking up to them. "I was just asking this young ladies name." Issac said politely. "I...I have to go. Goodbye!" Hanna fumbled over her words and left. Spencer watched her as she left.

© Copyright 2009 Lena (shywriter289 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1605246-Passing-notes