*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1605284-TWISTED-ROOTS
Rated: E · Novel · Romance/Love · #1605284
One will win her heart, one will try to steal it, and one will try to kill her.
    “I want to tell you something now. I need you to listen closely and don’t forget. I’m not sure how much time I have.” 
    He stopped and shook his head at the sky. He focused on the stars for a long moment. He then pointed out a vivid star high above them in the moonless sky.  “ There are magical places that exist in this world, Jess, places that the master architect created to balance good and evil. The time will come when you will leave this house and enter into another life that awaits you, a life you deserve and one with greater purpose. You don’t know how special you really are.”



    Jessica's sole priority for the past thirteen years has been to keep her father alive in the hope he will wake up from his coma and save her. Threatening to cut off his lifeline at any sign of independence, her mother has controlled her life, even to the point of an arranged engagement to Seth, whom Jessica fears even more than her mother. When Jessica accepts this most outrageous demand yet she then discovers her father has died anyway, leaving her only one option--to escape and save herself. 


    She runs until she is lost and bewildered in a Georgia swamp, where she discovers the existence of the wonderful place her father hinted at to her when she was only a child. In this magical, unreal world, just as she begins to discover the truth about her twisted family roots, three young men set their eyes on Jessica.

One will win her heart, one will try to steal it, and one will try to kill her.

© Copyright 2009 shelly goodman wright (swright011699 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1605284-TWISTED-ROOTS